PDA

View Full Version : NYC fish stores?

kev apsley
03/15/2006, 11:42 AM
can some NYC area people give me names of some stores in Manhattan that have a nice selection of saltwater fish.

Thanks in Advance
Kev

meschaefer
03/15/2006, 12:29 PM
New World Aquarium Inc.
204 E 38th St.,

There is always petco in union square

You should also check out manhattanreefs.com

marrone
03/15/2006, 12:33 PM
The cheapest price on fish is FishTown USA on Northern Blvd in Queens. They have a good selection of fish, and do get in some stuff, but you need to make sure you quaratine all their fish.

Also try Absoultly Fish In NJ, on the expensive side but has some rare fish and in good condition.

kev apsley
03/15/2006, 01:13 PM
Thanks All!

saltintheeyes
03/15/2006, 01:31 PM
Funny, I was just about to ask the same question about NYC stores! I'm travelling to Manhattan at the end of April, and am looking for some good equipment (skimmer particularly) that I can ship back home.

New York Citysearch pulled up about 70 stores in the NYC area, including New World. Can anyone tell me if they know of any store in Manhattan that sells good skimmers (like Deltec, EuroReefs, any higher end HOT skimmers really) at a decent price? Thanks!

Jay

brifirst
03/15/2006, 02:00 PM
Morrone,

Why do you say their fish need to be quarrentined ?

marrone
03/15/2006, 02:22 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6960667#post6960667 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by brifirst
Morrone,

Why do you say their fish need to be quarrentined ?

First all fish should be quaratined. A lot of times Fish Town's fish either have some thing or are in tank that may have some thing. So it's always good to quaratine them. They work in high volume and get in a lot of fish and just place them right into their tanks. Usually if you quaratine the fish they make it just fine. It's a risk to place them right into your tank that you shouldn't want to take.