PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Seahorses

jeni
03/15/2006, 11:09 AM
My Reidi Seahorses bred on Sat. As they parted a weird"thing" fell. It was Y shaped. The arms were about 1/4 inch long and the main part about 1 inch long. It was a dull yellow colour. At first I thought one had shed a tail! It was the thickness ot the end of the tail. This is the first breeding. I did get it on video and took some stills from it.have. It lay on the tank floor and I tried to pick it up but it disintergrated. Someone sugested it was eggs but I understand the eggs are red. Does anyone have any idea what it might have been?

Swanwillow
03/15/2006, 01:12 PM
a really big poo?

I dunno... I just don't want you to think we aren't reading this... its got me stumped!!!

JennyL
03/15/2006, 03:11 PM
Hi jeni,
This was probably some eggs that missed the male's pouch and fell to the bottom. The eggs are not red but yellow/orange in color.

Morgandy
03/15/2006, 10:11 PM
Eggs, I agree. It happens every so often with 3 of my females (the male usually just mates with my 4th female).

Wink
03/15/2006, 11:24 PM
I'm sure what you saw were eggs. Eggs can be various colors, from white to bright orange. The color is not always the same, even for the same species.

jeni
03/16/2006, 09:50 AM
Thank you all for the replies. Obviously they are happy so I hope they will try again.
Jeni