PDA

View Full Version : 24g Nano Cube questions

tito
03/15/2006, 10:02 AM
I want to order a 24 gallon Nano Cube today and have a couple of questions:

- Are the stands worth the money?
- Which online vendor would you recommend to order from?
- What halide fixture (w/ legs) seems to be the best to use instead of the stock hood?
- Which pump is the choice for replacing the stock return pump?

Thats all I can think of for now. Thanks.

MaryBebo
03/15/2006, 04:29 PM
I didn't get the stand so about that I don't know.

I ordered mine from www.nanotuners.com they do a GREAT job in their packing so I really give them a Big thumbs up!

I am only keeping soft corals and the stock lighting is great for what I am keeping in there.

I bought my extra pump from them also Rio 350 gph. I added a Extra split flow along with the stock pump.

here is the link to my thread. It shows how my tank came in and also the pumps and extra flow.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=778851

Good luck with what ever you decide on :)

Illuminati
03/15/2006, 09:17 PM
The stand is good. It's high quality, won't fall to bits with the tank on it. I got the regular stand, not the S stand.

I ordered mine through:
http://www.jbjnanocube.com/index.html?lang=en-us&target=d743.html

It was a good price. Shipping was only $65 for the tank & the stand. It was packaged VERY well. Regular box with another bigger box and peanuts as cushion.

I would look at Nanotunners if you are going to MOD the cube. I was a moron and bought the chiller & moonlight fix from them but now have to install it myself. I think they will install the Mods if you order the whole setup from them but don't quote me on that.

Can't answer the MH question.

As for the pump I heard it's better than previous years. I will keep the stock pump in mine but I got a MaxiJet 1200 from PremiumAquatics.com
It's a popular replacement pump but it does give off more heat than the stock pump (Which is 1 reason for the chiller).

Good Luck