PDA

View Full Version : Coral Beauty and Mandarin conflict

fkbsar
03/14/2006, 10:56 AM
I believe my CB took a nip out the my Mandarin.

I noticed the nip on Saturday and yesterday it looked worse. I tried catching him last night but spooked him and have not seen him since. I can't find him in order to quarantine/treat. I tried last night after the lights went out, but I've made so many caves that I couldn't see him. I looked for him this morning when the VHOs came on, when he is usually out, and he wasn't there. I'm kinda getting worried. The CB now seems to be standing guard in the area where the Mandarin usually exits. The CB was the first fish that was added to the tank for about a 2 week period.

I was thinking about quarantining the CB for a couple of weeks, or more if necessary, and then reintroducing him back into the tank.

If the choice comes to the Mandarin and the CB - the Mandarin wins hands down and the CB will be traded or returned. But I'm trying to keep both if possible.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

cfarrow2
03/14/2006, 12:04 PM
sounds like you have the right idea. get the CB out and wait for the mandarin to emerge.

fkbsar
03/15/2006, 09:45 AM
Well, the mandy perished last night after placing him in quarantine. He was just laying on the sand when I got home and I scooped him up with my hand. When I went to check on him early this morning he was gone.