PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Trouble

Flameangel
04/14/2002, 02:08 PM
Every afternoon a very large number of bubble develop and stick to the front of my 75 gallon acrylic reef. I need help figuring out why this happens and how to get rid of them!

The system is a seaclear system II, which I have taken all of the bioballs out of the back and turned it into a refugium. If you are not familar with the system, it bascially has a sump like area behind the display tank. The water flows in with a passive overflow in the cornor and it has a return pump on the other side of the tank that send water back to the display tank via a series of small holes that are on the side and along the bottom. I have a 4 inch DBS and about 130lbs of LR. I have 4 powerheads hooked up to a Wavemaker pro. The lighting is 440 VHO (3 blue and 1 50/50) 12 hours per day and 2 X 250/6500, 8 hours per day. The temp in the tank ranges between 79 and 81 degrees.
I do not see bubble coming from the tank return or the powerheads. The only bubble I see are coming form the DBS.

The bubbles begin about 2 hours after the MH come on. They go away during the night.

Sorry for the long post! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Connie

Flameangel
04/14/2002, 06:13 PM
^