PDA

View Full Version : toadstool slouching

buzzer
02/26/2006, 07:47 AM
I bought 2 toadstools on 1 rock yesterday and the polyps were out at LFS and in my tank all day yesterday.
Today both toadstool are slouching over the rock they are on.
Is this just due to acclimating as I have heard the slouching over is not a good sign although I wouldnt have thought thay would have gone down hill that quickly.
Should I prop them up so they are not slouching or should I just leave them be as I understand they dont take kindly to being touched.
All params are fine and all other corals are doing fine in the tank.

danferd2002
02/26/2006, 08:52 AM
just leave them be, mine do it occasionally, if they develope a slime on the polyps, then just give them good flow to help them get it off, i think it a sign of them growing, but im not sure.

jmaclenn
02/26/2006, 08:59 AM
Yes mine does that every couple of weeks. He's usually down and slimy for a day or two, but that's always followed by a growth spurt.

giantxtc
02/26/2006, 11:32 AM
They are probably just ****ed off.Make sure that if your lighting is stronger than what they were under in the store,you place them down low in your tank.They will have to acclimate to the stonger lights.And some gentle flow on them to blow off any slime coat from the shock of being moved.

buzzer
02/26/2006, 02:56 PM
Thanks chaps.