PDA

View Full Version : Tunze Stream Mounting Brackets

BJJ
02/22/2006, 02:38 PM
How are you guys mounting your streams? I was installing mine last night and was quite dissapointed seeing how flimsy the included brackets are. when the 6100 pumps ramps up from 30% to 100%, there is a lot of recoil. My tank has 1/2" glass bracing arounf the top perimeter. Also the tank is a room divide so mounting has to be somewhat hidden.

If anyone has photos, I would like to see them. ALSO for those who use the Stream rock, how do you like it.

James77
02/22/2006, 02:59 PM
Those mounting brackets stink on ice. I ended up buying the magnets, which work great. The only downside is obviously the magnet on the tank, but I don't even notice it.
James

BJJ
02/22/2006, 04:02 PM
I was thinking of the magnets as well, but I dont want to have anything mounted to the viewing portion of the galss as this is a room divider viewable from 3 sides.

I ended up ordering 2 stream rocks. I plan on placing them at the end of the tank on either side of the reef so water blows along the back side and fromt side. This way I wont be able to see ANY power heads in the tank - I very clean look:D

BJJ
02/22/2006, 04:08 PM
Anyone have pics of Stream rocks being used - looking for different ideas.