PDA

View Full Version : Foxface vs Powder blue tang

amorpnai
02/15/2006, 04:29 PM
My foxface is the largest fish in my tank at the moment, a month ago i had introduced a PBT into the tank which was a little smaller than the foxface. At first the foxface ignored it. A month later, it has gotten quite aggressive to the PBT and i'm starting to worry. I don't know if this will cause a great threat later to the PBT. :blown:

the foxface just seems to corner the poor thing lately and i don't want anything wrong to happen to the PBT knowing how venomous the foxface is. :strooper:

Any advice please.

There is a lot of hiding place in the tank but how well are PBT's hiders?

amorpnai
02/15/2006, 04:46 PM
i know that they are both territorial fish but is there a possiblity that they can live in the same system?

Should i change the aquascaping again? Confusion of territory?

/Anyone?

amorpnai
02/15/2006, 07:35 PM
Any advice??? shoulf i just take the tank to the lfs and switch it with something else?

ChickenCannoneer
02/15/2006, 08:03 PM
I would try putting a mirror up against the side of the tank and let the foxface fight with the other foxface for a few days and see how it goes from there

amorpnai
02/16/2006, 04:21 AM
seems like he's just pulling a tantrum... i just hope the tang is okay.

JENnKerry
02/16/2006, 05:34 AM
I have a FF and PBT together in my 125. The FF was added well after the PBT was established. But in my case it was the other way around. I thought for a moment the PBT was going to kill him, but everything subsided after about two days. Now they're friends.

Ridley
02/16/2006, 07:59 AM
I'm surprised that the foxface is the aggressor. I suppose the PBT was added after the foxface, but it has always been my experience that the PBT is much more territorial.

If you continue to have problems, perhaps rearranging the rock work will help calm things down.

donfishy76
02/16/2006, 09:50 AM
amorp, you never say how big your tank is that these 2 fish have been added to. If it is small, then there could be trouble. I agree to wait it out for a few days more and then take action if necessary.

JENnKerry
02/16/2006, 06:41 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6753642#post6753642 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ridley
I'm surprised that the foxface is the aggressor. I suppose the PBT was added after the foxface, but it has always been my experience that the PBT is much more territorial.

If you continue to have problems, perhaps rearranging the rock work will help calm things down.

Chances are the PBT is alot smaller and still very young. Once they start to mature, their aggressive nature starts to kick in.

craigyi
02/16/2006, 06:59 PM
i would definatley be very careful in this situation, the powder blue of all the tangs is one of the most susseptible to disease, keep a very careful eye on it's condition while being stressed by the foxface, don't want it getting sick and passing it on!

what are your tank specs?

from my experience my foxface was perhaps one of the most placid fish i've ever kept, however it never lived with any big fish like a tang! so couldn't comment on any aggresive tendencies!

craig

craig

seamay
02/16/2006, 07:44 PM
I have a similar situation w/my ff and naso. the ff being established and bigger. the naso is growing fast and is now of comparable size. the ff is still the aggressor but my naso (great fish by the way) is starting to hold his own. I`ve been seeing an elevated amt og this stuff latrely and I`m afraid soon I`LL HAVE TO BUY A BIGGER TANK WA HOOOOOOO...:lol: Seriously though I`m afraid if this continues for a period of time as the pbt grows(if it doesnt get sick) you will have to take action......Good luck

amorpnai
02/17/2006, 04:28 PM
Well i watched them both these few days and so far, i think that the foxface was PMSing cause now they're everwhere together looking for algae to pick on. I'm telling you it's scary when they look like they're going to kill each other. It's also so interesting how they act just like us humans specially when the woman is in that the time of the month and the male takes all the beating cause they know that in the end of it all they get real good later on! :smokin:http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/amorpnai/fishy/friends.jpg

amorpnai
02/17/2006, 04:30 PM
The tang just got beat up a lil bit tho.. but they seem very good together,,, :fun1:

seamay
02/17/2006, 04:47 PM
I`m glad it sounds like they may learn to tolerate each other...probably not my case though...good luck