PDA

View Full Version : Washington, DC Area FS: 65 System MH lighting w/frag/sump/fuge

keeperofthefish
02/15/2006, 09:37 AM
$1080 (just looking to get out of this what I put in a month ago, also used--never set it up)

This is a 100+ gallon total saltwater reef tank setup with a 65 RR main display tank perfect for any real coral enthusiast. It comes with nearly all necessary equipment and 2 stands with canopies for the display and frag tanks. Read below for more info!

Equipment includes

-2 x 250 watt Metal Halide pendants with 10k Ushio bulbs on IceCap electric ballasts
-EuroReef ES5-3 protein skimmer
-2 mak4 1200gph pumps
-1 3/4" SeaSwirl
-2 SCWD (1 for main tank, one for frag tank). This setup is fully plumbed and in working condition.
-65 gallon main tank AGA with closed loop and dual overflow (drilled) plumbed into a 4 gallon refugium with 3x15w NO lighting, a 20 gallon sump and a 20 gallon frag tank (roughly 100 gallons+ total volume when operating).
-65 gallon tank sits on a custom made tall (about 3.5' tall) black cabinet with matching black canopy perfect for the MH setup and up to 3 VHOs.
-The frag tank also has a custom cabinet and matching black canopy.

I'm getting rid of this tank because it's just too big for my current apartment in Washington, DC. My landlord made that clear in no uncertain terms... This tank has only been set up by one owner, the previous owner who is a reef guru and won a ReefCentral Tank of the Month Award with this setup and SPS corals (he built it all himself). Check out the link below

www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-09/totm/index.php

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

I'm going to sell this and buy a smaller setup, in case you're wondering. I am really bummed to have to part with it, but I really like my apartment, also. So it's either a new place or the tank goes...

keeperofthefish
02/15/2006, 10:16 AM
I would be willing also to sell just the tanks and stands...