PDA

View Full Version : home page help

fujimo32360
04/07/2002, 04:15 PM
Can anyone help me build a home page?

Zmann
04/07/2002, 04:59 PM
I can tell you the easiest way I found out how to do one. Fortunecity.com this would be your web host company. When you get there go to building a web page and download a program called Trellix Web. Its a window based program that is all cut and paste and push a button to publish that is how I built mine. Real fast and easy.

dmorel
04/07/2002, 05:01 PM
I do this kind of stuff for a living, while I am more a behind the scenes guy then a GUI guy I can probably help you get something together.
Contact me off list if you want.

-dm

Zmann
04/07/2002, 05:08 PM
http://www.fortunecity.com/cobrand/trellix/default.htm

Start here.

cperson
04/07/2002, 06:16 PM
Dave,
I have been picking away at my home page for months. I want to get it right before I upload and publish anything. One thing i'm concerned about is 'security' - I don't want folks to be able to enter a directory and delete or add files. I'm using front page sw and RR is my isp. Do you know if there's enough security built into RR's isp servers to prevent this type of thing from happening? I'm guessing they wouldn't be in business if that wasn't the case, but I'm just guessing. e-mail me or call me if you think there's any concerns. Thanks.

BTW, my galaxia sticks are doing great, are yours?

ReeferMac
04/07/2002, 06:21 PM
Craig,

RR does a pretty decent job of protecting things. If one of their server's get's compromised it's a bigger problem for them than you can imagine.

- Mac