PDA

View Full Version : Ca Reactor Live

PCIALF
02/10/2006, 07:12 PM
Well after lots of reading (I had no clue) and many times bothering Marksreef (thanks) a bunch of leaks its running. I can't wait to see the benefits

How long should I still B-Ionic

MarksReef
02/11/2006, 11:35 AM
I'm glad to hear it's up and running with no leaks. Put the B-ionic on the shelf and break out the test kits. Make sure your Alk. and Cal. are where you want them to start off with. After 2-3 days test again, If your alk and cal are where you left them earlier you are good and can test again in a few more days. If your Alk. and Cal. are lower, you will need to adjust your reactor and also raise your levels back up to where you had them. For raising your Alk and Ca. I use Kent turbo Cal. and Alk. reef builder or baking soda.

Gary Majchrzak
02/11/2006, 08:27 PM
Congrats, John. Looks like Mark was your helper. Congrats to him, too.
Save the B-ionic. You can use it (instead of Turbo Ca or baking soda) to even alk/Ca levels if ever necessary.

PCIALF
02/11/2006, 08:28 PM
Thanks Gary

Yes Mark was very helpful

How are you making out?

Gary Majchrzak
02/11/2006, 08:31 PM
New bottle of aspirin needed! :D

PCIALF
02/11/2006, 09:02 PM
:) Let me know if I can help

PCIALF
02/12/2006, 06:12 AM
Woke up this morning and whala another leak! I would think for the money these should be pressure tested. The union has a hairline crack in it gotta wait for Home Repot to open to go get parts
:(

PCIALF
02/13/2006, 08:16 PM
Question

The effluent is around 6.7 and my ALK and CA is a little low I speed up the effluent drip rate and CO2 drip rate to compensate am I on the right track?

zanclus
02/13/2006, 10:50 PM
effluent should be between 6.5 and 6.7 I usually set my "target" Ca and Alk values before I start using the reactor. if my Ca and alk values don't hold then increase the CO2 and drip rate at the same rate. I.E if you are doubling your bubble count double your drip rate. keep in mind that if you increase the Co2 without the drip rate your effluent ph will drop. and visa versa,increasing the drip rate without the Co2 will increase the effluent ph. It takes a little while to get your reactor "dialed in" but in the end it will be worth the trouble.

zanclus
02/13/2006, 10:54 PM
My reactor keeps my values at 460 ppm Ca and 11.4 dKH Alk and hold it there rock steady