PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of my new tank

scissorsfishors
02/08/2006, 09:41 PM
Hey guys, I wanted to share some pictures of the new tank. I finished moving everything over last night. The fish got a bit stressed out on the move but they are doing good now and eating. I just need to get a cleaning crew and new lighting.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f237/scissorsfishors/DSCN1549.jpg

Angle view:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f237/scissorsfishors/DSCN1538.jpg

Reef_Dweller_69
02/08/2006, 10:33 PM
very nice tank, I like it a lot. What kind of rock your using?

fishesRdelicious
02/08/2006, 11:19 PM
i need to give her a lesson in stacking rocks and positioning corals, looks good though
that toadstool is doing awesome, we need to order your lights soon and then your tank will look awesome!

scissorsfishors
02/09/2006, 08:39 AM
yea my interior decorating skills aren't that great. I need some help there. I got most of the rock from Mo. about 25lbs. I had about 15-20lbs from my previous tank. I got that down here at House of Tropicals in Glen Burnie it wasn't labeled as to where it was from.

What are the differences you get with rock from different places?

So FRD- I'll bring my 12g tank home this weekend. Will you be around Friday night?

zooqi
02/09/2006, 09:43 AM
Woow,, very nice for a new tank and it looks like you have a very good start there. Very nice and impressive.

scissorsfishors
02/09/2006, 11:01 AM
Thanks Mo. I need to do some research on where the corals will be the happiest. I am bringing home the 12g tomorrow night for you.

FRD- I did a water change with the water from the 12g and am bringing home the rest of my sand for you. Also all your buckets you let me borrow - Living in the city doesn't leave much room for extra buckets! I am also bringing home all my extra equipment in case you or Mo need it. I can bring back whatever you don't want. Order my new lights tomorrow night? Or tonight, I'll be out of work by 8 I think. Call me.

fishesRdelicious
02/09/2006, 03:29 PM
i didnt know you are coming up this weekend, what for?

zooqi
02/09/2006, 04:48 PM
she is coming to visit me and if she gets a chace she might stop bo you guys to say "Hello". Adam needs some company tomorrow :)

Cool, I can use that tank to setup another tank at home but lets pretend is going to be a surprise like any other nano tanks at home :)

MOX
02/09/2006, 06:02 PM
what kind of lighing are u looking to get

fishesRdelicious
02/09/2006, 08:03 PM
she will be geting a 4 vho setup, 2 actinic 2 daylight bulbs

scissorsfishors
02/09/2006, 09:59 PM
I am actually stopping in Friday night and then heading to Seneca Lake to the Winneries till Sunday. Would anyone like anything while I'm there? Besides FRD of course. :)

I should be home at a fairly decent time depending on when I leave work - so we can order lighting and you can give me a "lesson" on tank design. I think I am missing some spacial skills...

Are we all doing a cleaning crew buy or should I just get some things down here?

Oh and before I forget, FRD remember my problem with my auto top off? Well I ended up using some duct tape and restricting the anti-cyphon hole some more. its working great now.. duct tape definitely comes in handy.

fishesRdelicious
02/09/2006, 10:26 PM
only thing with duct tape is over time it will come off, you need to show me a picture of that so we can fix it properly

scissorsfishors
02/10/2006, 09:04 PM
well I just used it as temporary solution.. I know I need a permanent one. I bought some pieces at lowes to fix it but I got some sizes wrong...

zooqi
02/10/2006, 11:48 PM
FRD,, my sink upstairs started to leak 5 years ago and I decided to use duct tape to fix it untill the following day to go and get the stuff to fix it. Is still working and ignored it since is not on the way :D most of the time it works but if it was on the water line coming to the sink then I would've fixed it because I would not want water on the floor in case if it came of. Is on the drain under the sink :D

MOX
02/15/2006, 11:01 PM
you know what they say if ya cant duct it **** it!!!

lollol

scissorsfishors
02/16/2006, 08:38 AM
duct tape is still going strong. haha. its in a container so if it leaks I'm ok with it.

So on a side note, I found out that the Dryer, Microwave and fishtank are all on the same breaker last night. Good thing I checked everything for a power outage when I set it up!!