PDA

View Full Version : Actinics

Pennoyer
02/08/2006, 04:37 PM
I have to replace my flouresent bulbs and am looking for thoughts on actinics. I currently run T5's but never really liked the look of the ATI actinic (or Blue Plus) bulbs. I am considering switching endcaps back to VHO and running 2 URI VHO for actinics and 2 T5HO Aquablues. Question is: Anybody bought a T5 actinic that stands up even somewhat to the URI VHO; for that matter one that they actually like? Anybody know if URI plans to release T5's anytime soon? I sent them an email twice on this topic with no response to either.

AudiSteve
02/08/2006, 05:59 PM
If you wait a little bit I know that URI is in the process of rolling out their new line of Actinic T-5's. I talked to George from URI and he says the bulb has outperformed every expectation they had for it. There has been good buzz from the beta testers about the bulb aswell. I'm not sure exactly when it's going to be offically released but it's soon.

Pennoyer
02/08/2006, 10:10 PM
That's what I heard as well, but when they failed to respond to both emails I thought maybe it was just a rumor. I'll hold off for a little while longer I guess.