PDA

View Full Version : Need Help finding large tank

RandyO
04/06/2002, 01:48 AM
Hi guys,
I need help finding a large glass aquarium. I thought some of you guys might have researched it a little, and could give me some leads. I have looked at All glass aquarium, Pefecto, and Oceanic systems web sites. None of them are very helpful. I am looking for a 265 or even a 300 gal tank. And I need one fast. I can get a pefecto 265 though Pet's Plus but they can't drill it. That's a big negative. It would also be a big plus if it had a white stand.
Any help would be appreciated.
Randy

Gary Majchrzak
04/06/2002, 02:03 AM
Randy,how are you? The only place I know of currently having 'in stock' a new,large 8'{260 I'm pretty sure} size Perfecto is the Aqua-Shoppe at Ridgemont Plaza in Greece,NY.{# is 225-8700}They may have more aquariums at their other locations,and are usually open by 9 or 10:00am....Sometimes CF or MO has a large tank in stock,but I do not know their current inventory.If you are considering used tanks,let us know as well,and we can get some leads...

ReeferMac
04/06/2002, 07:43 AM
Real big like that I think you're SOL. If this were my tank however, I think I'd be willing to wait a few weeks to get one in that's right. Not having it drilled (or it breaking when trying to) would be a royal mess, and personally I wouldn't want to get into it. If you're setting a new one up for a client, I'd see what they were willing to pay in shipping, and see if I could persuade the manufacturer to rush you one. I've seen our shipping guy's do some amazing things before, it's just a question of what you're willing to pay.

- Mac

KBCobra
04/06/2002, 10:22 AM
Randy,

I can take a wild guess at who your looking at a tank like this for. The company he uses currently (tenecor) makes custom built any size - however I dont know what the wait on that would be. But I just noticed your looking for glass. I would personally go with an oceanic custom maybe 300gal tank - but if it has to be RIGHT NOW then you may be SOL.

With money being no option though I would imagine oceanic (some of their custom tanks are gorgeous), AGA, or any other manufacturer could get you a tank in 1-2weeks, however there seems to be a lot more custom places doing acrylic rather than glass - also - any acrylic tank can be drilled and have custom overflows put in so thats a major plus. the white stand will probably be pretty tough too, but I really like the paint that keith used on his stand so its possible you could have the thing painted after arrival.

Good luck

-Pat

The custom tank im building into my next house - (oceanic)

http://www.oceanicsystems.com/images/images/ADG%20Bowfront1.png

$hit they make some nice stuff

http://www.oceanicsystems.com/products_custom.html

RandyO
04/09/2002, 12:13 AM
Thanks guys