PDA

View Full Version : nano lighting / corals

andrew5013
02/06/2006, 09:53 PM
What kind of corals could you put in the JBJ 12 DX with 48 watts of lighting? Most softies should work right? What about LPS? I have a 55 gal now and have do down grade cuz I am moving to another college and living in the dorm. I have 2 frags of frogspawn and just wondering if they would work with 48 watts.

MandM
02/06/2006, 10:17 PM
I am running a 12 gal nano cube with 24 watts of 50/50 light. I have a happy hammer, kenya tree, candy cane, zoos and mushrooms. I replace the bulb every 8-10 months and see a huge difference in color and health of my corals. As the bulb ages the colors, especially the mushrooms, start to dull. There are a lot of choices for you, just not the super high-light hogs. Have fun!

reefwick
02/06/2006, 10:37 PM
I have the DX (48 watts) and keep candy canes, hammer, zoas, shrooms, leathers, GSP, Xenia. You can have alot of very colorful and beautiful corals with that lighting.

All Delight
02/07/2006, 12:19 PM
I have the 24DX, 72 watts. I have:

ric yumas
ric floridas
xenia
zoanthids
brain
clove polyps
daisy polyps
pipe organ
and a crocea clam

I didnt think I could get a crocea clam, but the lfs said I could. He said just put it very high in the tank. So he's about 2 1/2 inches from the surface and is doing fine so far (fingers crossed). Fully opened, kinda turned himself to get the in position he likes.

You'll be pretty safe if you stay with softies.