PDA

View Full Version : International Marine

SaltyNovice
02/06/2006, 12:32 PM
Just thought I would let everyone know. I bought "live rock" this weekend from "International Marine" in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. I worked with Gary and he helped out a great deal. I ordered the rock Thursday night and I had it in my tank Saturday night. I asked for some large pieces and he did a great job for me. The rock will be curing for a few weeks (probably 4 or 5) but who's counting :p . I ordered 100 lbs and I think I got closer to 115 lbs. I'm not saying that will happen for you, but it did for me. Great stuff for 3.00/lb - shipped!!!!!

I just wanted to thank Gary and let everyone here know what a great job he did for me. Thanks Gary and International Marine. I really love my rock. :cool:

SaltyNovice
Amarillo

aaron23
02/06/2006, 01:30 PM
pictures.... are a thousand words we need them!

chetm2
02/06/2006, 11:33 PM
How was the rock? Porous? Slab or shelf?

SaltyNovice
02/07/2006, 07:59 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6683381#post6683381 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chetm2
How was the rock? Porous? Slab or shelf?

My rock was both, after brushing it - I feel like I have little bits of glass in my hands. I asked for some larger pieces and they came through - out of 110lbs or so there is only 10-12 rocks. I have 3 real good pieces of what I would call "shelf" rock. These will make great cave/arch pieces. And there are - what I would call "unique" peices - lettuce/wavy looking piece (one) and a few curved/bowl looking pieces. Then there is a couple of "boulder" looking chunks. HTH

SaltyNovice :)

ARIANNA
02/07/2006, 08:17 AM
Do they have a website?:confused:

FormulatedFire
02/07/2006, 10:41 AM
i just ordered 50lbs for my first tank and gary asked me what i was looking for we shall see what he comes through with.....was quick to respond to my email even though it was sent 2-3 am....lol

intmarinefish.com (http://intmarinefish.com)