PDA

View Full Version : snail eating yellow worm jerk-face

alans22
02/05/2006, 07:02 PM
I'm aware that bristle worms will eat snails by covering them with mucus, which is exactly what has happened, the only difference is that this worm is yellow and looks to have centipede legs rather than bristles. I was unable to get a pic because i tried to catch him, unsuccessfully. My main question other than what this is exactly is whether a 6-line wrasse would kill this critter and how a six line would interact with a citron clown goby (the only fish in my tank).

The great reef pest tribulation has befallen me!!!!!

I understand the frustration, but rather than run the risk of offending someone or violating the [ua] due to language why not find some language that won't offend. ;)

thanks for your understanding.

dj88

DJ88©
02/05/2006, 08:58 PM
nothing is really guaranteed to eat the specific worm you have.

The quickest and easiest(I know it doesn't seem like an easy solution but) you are going to need to find the rock it inhabits and remove it from there yourself.

LeslieH
02/05/2006, 09:32 PM
The guy in your tank is Oenone fulgida. If you do a search you'll find a number of posts about it. It does have bristles but they're much smaller than in the amphinomid species normally known as bristle worms. Darren's right, removing the rock is probably best, although if you're fast with tweezers you might be able to catch it some night. Hopefully someone with fish experience will read your post & comment on your fish question.

CaveManNOhio
02/05/2006, 10:41 PM
I have two true perc's and my sixline has never bothered either one of them.