PDA

View Full Version : latest pic of my 7g MiniBow

Big Worm
04/04/2002, 04:41 PM
Here is a pic of my nano taken about an hour ago. Comments welcome :)

tyesmithND
04/04/2002, 06:11 PM
Big Worm,

Nice tank,

What you got in there? (the yellowish coral in upper left is beautiful)

Have your clowns found a host that they like to hang out at?

I hope all is well.

Tye

Big Worm
04/04/2002, 06:20 PM
Thanks... its a Sinularia sp. finger leather. It is very nice. Pretty big.... I will probably be fragging it eventually, as it grows. Bought it at Jeff's. He called it a Tonga Green Finger Leather... it has a light green tint which you can see more under actinic lighting.

The others are a Yellow Leather (S. elegans) and some fuzzy shrooms and green shrooms under the big leather... can't see them very well in the pic.

Clowns have not called anything a host yet... they haven't been in the tank very long - few days.

David Groos
04/05/2002, 03:22 PM
Big Worm,
What are you feeding your little clams? How are they holding up, and what type of light are you using. From what I hear at that size they depend more on external food stuffs than light. I want a couple for my tank and am curious to your experiences!!

Thank you, and good night!!

Big Worm
04/05/2002, 03:32 PM
David...

I have only had them in the tank for a week so I can't say anything in the way of success. However, I am feeding DTs phytoplankton at 1.5ml twice a week. My lighting consists of 2 x 32w PC - one 50/50 smartlamp and the other 10k bulb.

I will definately keep the board posted on the status of these little guys as time goes by... I am working on updating my website w/ info of my nano. I will be posting a log which I plan on updating once a month at least.

jmhwang
04/06/2002, 12:55 AM
can you post a pic of how you fit the 2x32 smartlites on there? i have a 7 gal bow too and wanted to upgrade sometime soon to the 2x32 also but wasn't sure how i was gonna fit it on there.

Big Worm
04/08/2002, 10:31 AM
DOH!

Big Worm
04/08/2002, 10:31 AM
Wang... I actually built a simple DIY hood out of MDF board. I posted a pic on this THREAD (http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=70234)... let me know if you have any questions. BTW, I had not added the 2nd bulb in the pic but you can see that it would fit along side the other.