PDA

View Full Version : Our Monthly Fun Meeting For Those Who Are Interested...

zooqi
01/26/2006, 11:49 PM
Like we have been doing for the last two months we meet first Sunday of each month to discuss club activities..

We have few new people who are interested to attend so this coming meeting will be at
Benjee's In Williamsport.

The serve food there and we can discuss few things like
Update on school aquariums
Update on our Trip and van rental to All Ohio Frag Swap and what we will be providing them of education.
Update on few projects we have started
Website update
Our Big Frag Swap In May 6th

Any suggestions please post..
you guys are welcome to do small frag swaps at the meeting and if you need any help with anything in your tank and want to discuss it there please bring it to us.

It will be fun guys and FRD usually has everything in paper for us...

fishesRdelicious
01/27/2006, 02:55 PM
i will work on a list of things to talk about,
how about next sunday the 4th of Feb.

fishesRdelicious
01/27/2006, 10:06 PM
heres what we will be discusing:
-mass producing clownfish cooler and seahorse display
-another newsletter publication
-progress with Loyalsock highschool
-SPS condition in Montoursville
-Clownfish breeding
-articles on:
park home
jellyfish
ocean conservation
ocean's ecosystem
acclimating fish
anatomy of a clam(mo we have to do this one before spring roles around and it thaws)
treating clownfish disease(brooklynella)
some how to articles

-of course diy like:
wavemakers
floatswitchs
sump/fuges
phyto plankton station
seahorse feeding station
tunze style maxijet
anything to add? suggestions wanted

-fish database(maybe we can give this to one of the new guys)
-FIRST Frag Swap(this is a big one, we really need to start planning for it)
things to do: reserving a hall, work on raffle, etc.
-reefnest road trips(ohio, pittsburgh, etc)
ohio reefnest table: schedule what we want to do, test water, demos, etc.

all i could think of for now

Reef_Dweller_69
01/27/2006, 11:16 PM
That sounds perfect guy's. I would really enjoy such a meeting. Chance to meet everyone face to face, learn new things, and a mini frag swap, YAHOOO . What time, and is anyone from down my end planning on attending?

zooqi
01/27/2006, 11:34 PM
FRD got most of the stuff there and we might have few other stuff to add. This meeting is going to be alot nicer than the last one with extra and new stuff to talk about.

Reef_Dweller_69
01/27/2006, 11:48 PM
Cool beans. I got that tank all cleaned up, but can't do anything with it yet. The front office giving us the run around. They waiting till the last minute to give us the keys to our new apt (mon) and wifey checking into hospital on Tuesday ( inducement day/baby born day), hummm the nerve of some people. LOL

zooqi
01/27/2006, 11:51 PM
it looks like you will be setting a tank and a crib at the same time and hopefully tank before the crib (kidding).. Soon to be daddy again in less than a week. I don't know how you are going to do all of the stuff in a day or two. You must prepare ahead of time. If you were closer I would've not mind helping you move.

zooqi
01/27/2006, 11:56 PM
FRD,, is Sunday the super bowl day. I'm sure most of us have plans with family and friends. How if we try to do this one on Saturday ?

Reef_Dweller_69
01/28/2006, 12:56 AM
Thanks MO, maybe next time. My wife has been talking about moving to williamsport. As far as the crib I have all that ready to go. Take me 5 mins to put it together, and another 5 to set the sheets and bumper and blanket. Now the tank I pretty much have it plug and play except for the overflow box. Just need to get a hold of some weld-on, and it looks like I will only be using 2 pieces of the acrylic instead of 3. Will be plumbed to the side wall and back wall. Hopefully the tank will only take me maybe an hr to setup what I have and when I get the weld-on that should take me about an hr as well. I sort of have a plan we'll see if it works, I am good under presure :) .

bmkindig
01/28/2006, 02:45 AM
hey mo
if you do this sat i might being the kids up and i can see what i can help with.

zooqi
01/28/2006, 04:00 AM
Dwellers, One smart thing to do is when you come out of the bulkhead is to use at least 1' of flixable PVC on the bulkhead to prevent any pressure on the hole there.
Brad,, Cool Brad and we will be happy to see you guys here too and since you are the one who is traveling far I'm sure we can make it Saturday. FRD is our program organizer and I'm sure it will be ok with him if he does not have any plans or school programs that day. If we get more people we might have small raffle too.

Reef_Dweller_69
01/28/2006, 04:18 AM
Mo you mean on the sump side right out bulkhead leading to sump?

zooqi
01/28/2006, 04:24 AM
Yes,, right after you come out of the bulkhead or 90 on the bulkhead. This in case if you put any pressure on the pipe or if you hit the pipe you don't have all pressure on the bulkhead or the hole. I have seen few sumps, tanks go to garbage. I know you can go straight but I personally don't take the risk and prevention is the best medicine :D

Reef_Dweller_69
01/28/2006, 04:28 AM
Thank you for the tip. I was thinking of doing that with the flex or braided tubing. I will do it now since you reminded me to do it. What do you think of this set up....

http://www.hellolights.com/arocu17rekit.html

nate4546
01/28/2006, 06:34 AM
Yes the super bowl is that sunday...I might be able to make it saturday..

zooqi
01/28/2006, 08:04 AM
RD69 : great deal from RC sponsor.
Nate : so far it looks like Saturday will work with everybody but we need OK from the organizer.

zooqi
01/28/2006, 08:08 AM
RD69 : go to electronic which is better and not much heat too.
electronic (http://www.hellolights.com/17methalbalk.html)

I personally would go to 250 W since is not much different ..

MOX
01/28/2006, 10:01 AM
ok so saturday depending if its later in the day say 6 ish ill make it but ahhhhhhh i have to work but would gladly like to here what ya have to say even if i havent much to add hehehehe

zooqi
01/28/2006, 10:45 AM
5-7 will be my quess or a little later too. They serve food and have specials from 5-7 so I figured is a good time around that.

bmkindig
01/28/2006, 10:45 AM
hey mo
did someone say raffle?
i would be happy to get a few frags and maybe see a school tank if possible

zooqi
01/28/2006, 10:47 AM
Schools are off that day but will have some frags from the schools for the raffle and maybe few surprises too.

There will be 6-8 more people attending too that are not in RC and trying to get them online :d

bmkindig
01/28/2006, 11:00 AM
hey mo
is the 5-7 a set time?i was thinking you would be meeting in the afternoon.

zooqi
01/28/2006, 11:02 AM
No but I can check today and see how early they are open. Will update later on. I'm going to Mike Mussina Fan Club Dinner today and then everybody is going to the place where we have a meeting for a drink. I do have pictures of the place and will upload them shortly.

zooqi
01/28/2006, 11:21 AM
can't do it now and got a FISH Doctor Call,, Gotta go and will post pictures later.

fishesRdelicious
01/28/2006, 12:05 PM
yes, saturday is a much better day. forgot all about the super bowl

Reef_Dweller_69
01/28/2006, 12:17 PM
MO thats a real good deal for the 250 135bucks for everything except bulbs. Do you think it would be ok to start with 1-mh 250w xm 10k, and 1-220w vho set actinics, and 1- 24" 130w 10k pc (I already have the pc it)?

Is anyone from wilkes barre/plymouth/pitston area going that i can catch a ride with?

bmkindig
01/28/2006, 04:44 PM
hey
i talked to mo, and it looks like me and Bubba Beast are going to be there along with the younger 2 kids not sure of the wife schedule yet.
for those that don't know i live about 3 miles from something fishy if you need something from there i might be able to pick it up for you. pm me or email bmkindig@aol.com

also i have about 10 anathlia frags growing in my sump if anyone would like 1 let me know if we can make a trade.
i also have 2 dime sized green/purple rim monti cap peices in my tank.
i'm looking for mostly softies,and colorful zoo's, large reef dics like 4-6 inch wide(only about 10), live phyto.
if there is anything else i can do to help let me know.

bmkindig
01/28/2006, 04:45 PM
hey mo,
i forgot do you still want that large damsel?

MOX
01/28/2006, 07:13 PM
ah the steelers got it in the bag anyways lol but 5-7 works for me i usualy work till 7 on saturday but ill tell them how it is

Reef_Dweller_69
01/28/2006, 08:25 PM
Hey guys what do you know about the Champion Lighting Blueline e-Ballast, is it any good?

zooqi
01/28/2006, 11:47 PM
I don't know anything about those ballast..
Brad: if you have the damsel I will take it and if you have not caught it yet that is ok. Looking forward to see you guys here at the meeting. I just wanted to let you guys know that we might have two extra people at the meeting. which brings 10 on top of those who are posting here.

zooqi
01/29/2006, 12:22 AM
It looks like we will be doing some raffles for some frags from the schools, some members bringing some frags too. We also will be hearing from some of the students who have fish tanks and exchange info with them.

fishesRdelicious
01/29/2006, 12:31 AM
mo, you should be getting to bed
do you have a final time yet or do you still have to see what benjie's hours are?

zooqi
01/29/2006, 10:06 AM
hah,, I know I was a sleep minutes after you typed this so I did not read it. Laptop on my lap and woke up to go to be at 4.

bmkindig
01/29/2006, 06:38 PM
hey
mo never sleeps then agian neither do i lol

the damsel is in bubbas tank (easy catching)

zooqi
01/30/2006, 01:43 AM
I can't because I work late but I hear you stay late counting money :D ..
then the damsel can attend this coming meeting.

zooqi
02/07/2006, 08:23 PM
Brad,, how is your schedule for this Sunday?
how about everybody else ?
Sunday at 1:00-5:00 PM

Reef_Dweller_69
02/07/2006, 08:27 PM
If I could get away up there that would be great for me :D

zooqi
02/07/2006, 08:52 PM
that will be nice.

bmkindig
02/08/2006, 01:54 AM
hey mo,
i'm off that day but i'm not sure yet if i can make it out, or not this trip would either include the wife or maybe a solo mission.not sure yet.
sorry i can't give you an answer right now.

zooqi
02/08/2006, 10:20 AM
cool, hope you make it and tell wife is a fun meeting , fish meeting and if you did not make it then we will update you right away. You know how we are here. We are updating everyday and I think if you look in RC you can do a MO Biography :D

bmkindig
02/09/2006, 11:39 PM
hey mo,
just an update, 1 i have to go to something fishy sun am so it would be 2:00 at the earliest before i could get there.heather only works till 10am so IF we come she will be along. and now the new is saying a big snow storm is coming in sat into sun and that's no good for road trips. i believe i'm off the next sun also but i can't keep asking you to reschedule meeting.
you what i can get done without being there.

zooqi
02/10/2006, 12:10 AM
Cool and thanks for letting us know. The other meeting will be the first Sunday of next month. You will be updated buddy.

nate4546
02/10/2006, 11:03 AM
So Sunday at 1:00 at Benji's?

zooqi
02/10/2006, 06:09 PM
Yes and we already have some good prizes for raffles and working on more. It will be a fun meeting.