PDA

View Full Version : Hey all!! Just found this forum last night

reefinnewb
01/25/2006, 10:01 AM
HI !! Im just typing to introduce myself, I goto school at Penn College in Williamsport and have been looking for people in this area that are also reefers. I will post some pics of my tank up for all to see this weekend. I just ordered a new bulb for my mh so once that is installed ill take some pics.

fishesRdelicious
01/25/2006, 03:05 PM
welcome to reefnest and check out our site. just to let you know our first fragswap is going to be May 6
it is great to have reefers in this area and it seems that they keep poping up

MOX
01/25/2006, 09:40 PM
welcome what fish said any such several of us live a stone throw away from the school do u live in the area or just atend school here

any ways nice hearing from ya

reefinnewb
01/25/2006, 11:39 PM
I just goto school here im from Pottsville and there are no reefers near that way, none within 40 minutes from me that i know of.

zooqi
01/26/2006, 08:31 AM
Welcome to the club and good to see some more students in here. I know few reefers from Pottsville area and you might see them here soon too. If you need any help with pictures please let me know.

nate4546
01/26/2006, 08:55 AM
Hey whats up..I think all of us Williamsport Area Reefers should get together sometime I know the frag swap is may 6 but that is a long time away..You got the spot yet Mo?

reefinnewb
01/26/2006, 09:08 AM
thanks zooqi!! I shouldnt need any help posting the pics but if for some reason im feeling exceptionally dumb that day ill give ya a hollar lol. Im hoping my new bulb is waiting for me at home today so i can take some good shots of the tank. My 70w Ushio is too yellow for me so i got a current 14000k. Should look alot better.

reefinnewb
01/26/2006, 10:41 AM
well here is a little sneak peek of the tank when i had PC lighting. The pics are about a month old so alot has changed since then.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=72479

fishesRdelicious
01/26/2006, 06:32 PM
looking good, how do you take care of it when you are at school?

zooqi
01/26/2006, 07:50 PM
Very impressive and nice tank. I like the clownfish pair you have there too :D Was that a hairy mushroom or is anemone ? Thanks for sharing,,
Nate : We do have the spot but I need to have it confirmed with a check.
We do meet once a month and as a matter of fact I'm thinking about meeting at Benjees from now on.

MOX
01/26/2006, 10:17 PM
lovly tank reefinnewb no such luck on iding your zos i see so many diff names for what looks the same to me hehe usualy called by colors

reefinnewb
01/26/2006, 11:40 PM
im only at school for 3 days a week so its really not hard, i have an ato so that takes care of topoffs, and I have a well trained mom that checks on it everyday. Thanks for all the compliments. I was hoping my bulb would be here today but no such luck. Maybe tomorrow.

zooqi
01/26/2006, 11:51 PM
Nate : you asked for it...
Meeting (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=761474)

Reef_Dweller_69
01/27/2006, 11:20 PM
Welcum aboard reefinnewb, and a very lovely tank I might add :)

reefinnewb
02/21/2006, 02:51 PM
hey guys havent been around in awhile, i got my MH and a few more frags that i can use and ID on.

FTS(sorry its a bit dark for some reason)
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/reefinnewb/DSCN0494.jpg

Acro 1
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/reefinnewb/DSCN0492.jpg

Acro2
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/reefinnewb/DSCN0491.jpg

If any of you can Id the acros for me i would really appreciate it. They were a gift from my cousin while at that pet place.

shimmy_yaz
02/21/2006, 03:27 PM
Tank is looking good man. Also what are you taking up at Penn College? I am also a student there in the Network Technology program.

reefinnewb
02/21/2006, 03:41 PM
Thanks, well i have an a.a.s in NT now im working for my BS in technology management.

bmac
02/21/2006, 06:38 PM
Reefinnwb, and shimmy-yaz. I work at penn College. Do you guys know of any other reefers on campus / There ia a possibility of starting a club on campus if enough people get involved. Zooqi, that would be one way to get that tank up and runnin we were lookin at in the LRC

reefinnewb
02/21/2006, 08:05 PM
Nope not off hand. I wish i did though cause i feel like such a geek im the only person i know that does reef tanks lol.

shimmy_yaz
02/22/2006, 03:19 AM
Yeah I don't know of anyone off hand that is into reefs at school either. Let me know about the club though I would like to try and help as much as I can but kinda hard with work and school.

zooqi
02/22/2006, 10:17 AM
bmac, I did not mind putting few $ on that tank and help them out but the person who was going to give the light (that's why I offered to help) backed up after I decided to help them. I can help high schools but can use most of the stuff I can put in colleges for other projects. If there is a good light and I don't mean light with bad wires that can cause problem then I don't mind doing something there. They can have a tank but it will be like my seahorses tank at home and no corals. The other problem with that tank was that I could be there twice a week certain hours when they had a class and it is not easy to do that and if I miss one or two of those days then I'm not up to date. You know me I go through tanks as I move from one to other. If that tank or other tank is setup somewhere that we can access anytime we want that will be great. To be honest I don't even mind putting a huge tank somewhere we can have an access to anytime. I know the teacher can take care of it but the only thing we can do now is to setup tank, with live rock, snails, hermit crabs, algae and I can do that in a day. I have asked John since he was there more than me to plug the holes so I can bring the stuff be I guess he got busy. I would love us to do something there.