PDA

View Full Version : I need a skimmer

oceana
01/24/2006, 10:45 AM
hey ya'll

I am in need of a good in sump skimmer for a 75 gal reef.
i need it to to be VERY user friendly. it is for a friend that does not have a ton of know how so it cant have all sorts of crazy adjustments. i need a set it and forget it type unit like the
aqua C's.

If there are any used skimmers out there let me know. i could also trade for corals if you prefer that over cash.

sandman12
01/24/2006, 11:55 AM
I have an ASM G2 for sale. Used for one year.
e-mail me
milkman12@aol.com

oceana
01/24/2006, 12:04 PM
i think that one might be to large for the sump. if i'm thinking of the right one they are around 13-14 inches at the base with pump. i will measure the sump when i get home

sandman12
01/24/2006, 03:24 PM
just so happens I have a DIY 30g sump that I'am alos trying to sell :).-$30 for the sump

natman2
01/25/2006, 07:11 AM
The skimmer here is available locally at Pet kingdom in Bradenton. Last time I was there he had one in stock

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=151150

I am told its a DIY made locally. I have one that I found here in Sarasota but the store no longer stocks them. It comes with a Surge 600 pump that puts out 660GPH if I am not mistaken but I have since put a RIO on mine that runs 960. It worked fine with the Surge. With the RIO I get a tad wetter skim but production quadruples. It runs 150 bucks and anything else in that price range is going to be a Prism or Sea clone and this skimmer beats both of those out hands down.

I cleaned mine last night and picture shown is overnight production on a system with a vary light bio load. It can be dialed down to produce a dryer skim than shown.

Mines sitting in a 20 gallon long sump for reference