PDA

View Full Version : should i be worried about having these fish?

giants4pc
01/23/2006, 10:01 PM
I inherited a 110 fish only and turned it into a reef. It had a maculolus (spelling?) angel, a whitecheek angel, and a rusty angel. They ate my clam right away. I've since gotten rid of the 5" Mac angel but haven't been able to get rid of the other 2 smaller ones bc I don't want to totally dismantle the entire tank. Does anyone have experience with these guys? Other than clams, do I need to worry about my softies OR any hard coral if I plan on getting it?

reefD
01/23/2006, 10:11 PM
yes! your corals are at high risk!

KDodds
01/23/2006, 10:14 PM
What's the scientific name on the Whitecheek? The Rusty should be pretty okay, they're really detritivorous. They may browse on coral or clam slime, but in an established reef this picking should not pose a problem. The Mac, well, they can be iffy. Small clams can be in danger, but large clams are generally left alone. LPS might be eaten, as well as gorgonians and some softs and corallimorphs and anemones, but SPS are generally fine. On teh Whitecheek I dunno, I don't know what that is.

giants4pc
01/23/2006, 10:17 PM
whitecheek=tibicen angel

KDodds
01/23/2006, 10:22 PM
Ah... Keyhole... not a great choice for a reef tank. SPS should be fine, but mild LPS (like Brains) and Clams might suffer. Softs should also be okay.

reefD
01/23/2006, 10:26 PM
its all a chance. no garentees