PDA

View Full Version : teacher problems help

fishking
01/19/2006, 08:53 PM
ok so me and a friend left class 1-2mins early and we were caught, so next day my teacher yells at me in front of other teachers and students telling me he gave me a ROM(report of misconduct) and never to do it again or else, so then later on in the day i talk to my friend and he said that the teacher only told him never to do it again, HE EVEN APOLOGIZED TO HIM, saying srry i had to tell u this. Im right now ****ed off that i was givin a rom, detention and yelled at by him while my friend only got off with a apology???

should i do to my principal to have this ROM removed?????

E-A-G-L-E-S
01/19/2006, 08:55 PM
do you get in more trouble than your buddy at school or elsewhere that teachers would know of?

crp
01/19/2006, 08:57 PM
you left early and got a rom, you buddy didn't, life's not fair. get used to it. Sorry.

fishking
01/19/2006, 09:01 PM
i have never gotten in trouble, the whole thing is that is ****ed up that my friend who gets in trouble constantly, to the point where he might not pass for the year, doesnt even get one, its BS he could have just givin me a detention, that why i was wondering if i should go to higherofficial to talk about this

E-A-G-L-E-S
01/19/2006, 09:02 PM
not gonna get you anywhere.......just forgetaboutit

fishking
01/19/2006, 09:06 PM
now my parents r flipping out about it, i hate high school, cant wait for college so i can get the hell out of the house

jgoodrich71
01/19/2006, 09:20 PM
Take it from us old folks, it only gets worse after high school.

fishking
01/19/2006, 09:29 PM
cant be any worse without my mom and dad to constanly yell at me

skippy2
01/19/2006, 09:33 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6541442#post6541442 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fishking
cant be any worse without my mom and dad to constanly yell at me

Ya wanna bet?

fishking
01/19/2006, 09:49 PM
yea a 200 gallon tank=P lol jk

jgoodrich71
01/19/2006, 09:55 PM
They will still do that when your 40.

king1522
01/19/2006, 10:09 PM
My advice is to forget about it and move on with life. 10 years from now, you won't even remember this incident. Compared with the curves that life it going to throw at you, this will seem like just a bump in the road. I know you are upset. If my memory would go back that far, I would bet that I have been in the same boat. I was always getting into one thing or another. Now days, high school seems just like a dream.

fishking
01/19/2006, 10:11 PM
the problem is im gonna get grounded and woint be able to do anything if i dont get it taken away, ill try because from what sum ppl say that the principal is lenient and will prob just tear up the ROM, if this doenst work, oh well ill just have to take another punishment

dc
01/19/2006, 10:13 PM
I agree, get over it. There may be a reason your 'buddy' got off light and isn't telling the whole story. You know the saying "If you do the crime..."

Minuteman
01/19/2006, 10:22 PM
You'd only be making it worse for your uddy, not better for yourself. Don't do the crime...

TimberTDI
01/19/2006, 10:53 PM
What I would I would give to go back. Just think all I would have to worry about is a ROM. I wish someone would ground me and tell me to stay in my room.

Thurge
01/20/2006, 05:38 AM
I fantisize about just havin g to deal with High School BS.

If you go to the Principal, your buddy will most likely beat you like a red headed stepchild, cause as already stated, you aren't going to improve your situation, but you could drag your buddy in the same boat you are in.

Oh and in 10 years you will still be receiving the same ammount of grief from your parents, BUT you will also get to deal with a mortgage, homeowners insurance, car loan, car insurance, gas, electric, water, sewage, Natural Gas, Life insurance, Health Insurance, your wife's PMS, sick children (plus feeding them, clothing them, and keepign them healthy and safe), that royal pain of a neighbor with the dog that barks at 3am......

Trust us, HS is easy compaired to whats to come.

oz
01/20/2006, 08:28 AM
Life was a beach when I was in HS. Fun, fun and mo fun.
Man, if I could only go back in time, knowing what I know now...

amcarrig
01/20/2006, 08:55 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6541661#post6541661 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jgoodrich71
They will still do that when your 40.
The man speaks the truth :)

VoidRaven
01/20/2006, 10:27 AM
Then again, if you are CALM and present your case LOGICALLY it could be good practice in negotiation and you might be able to win your case. I say give it a try if you can be very mature about it.

But so you know, it does NOT get any better. If anything it gets worse. You'll yearn for the days when the only "bad" thing you could face is parents yelling versus all the bills, office politics, and other crap that you'll run into later in life. Oh yeah, and college....can indeed be as bad as high school if not worse sometimes. Then again, it was also the best time I ever had so far....minus a few incidents.

Niven
01/20/2006, 11:38 AM
Maybe your friend is at the point where one more ROM gets him expelled and the teacher was doing him a favor. Although I think he should be punished just like you, everytime kids these days get away with something they just get worse. Ha! and I'm only 30! hehehehe

emilye2
01/20/2006, 12:15 PM
What about addressing the teacher who gave it to you? In a calm, mature manner. Ask why he felt it necessary to address you in front of other teachers and students. Tell him next time you would appreciate a more private approach to disciplinary matters. Leave it at that. Then if you want to you can speak to the higher ups, but at least then you've also addressed the situation at the source.

Unome
01/20/2006, 06:26 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6543496#post6543496 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Thurge
Oh and in 10 years you will still be receiving the same ammount of grief from your parents, BUT you will also get to deal with a mortgage, homeowners insurance, car loan, car insurance, gas, electric, water, sewage, Natural Gas, Life insurance, Health Insurance, your wife's PMS, sick children (plus feeding them, clothing them, and keepign them healthy and safe), that royal pain of a neighbor with the dog that barks at 3am......Good post.

Throw in that boss who has his head in his behind and possibility the job you are doing will be outsourced.

fishking
01/20/2006, 07:43 PM
i did approach him he apologized and said he will try his best to do what he can to try to remove the rom, so i thanked him and told him i would never do it again

emilye2
01/20/2006, 07:55 PM
who did you approach? And cool for you!

skippy2
01/20/2006, 08:38 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6548194#post6548194 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fishking
i did approach him he apologized and said he will try his best to do what he can to try to remove the rom, so i thanked him and told him i would never do it again

Kudos to you for acting like an adult. I hope things turn out well for you.:)

king1522
01/20/2006, 08:41 PM
Good show Fishking. I'm proud of you!

fishking
01/20/2006, 08:54 PM
thanx, he is a good teacher i was just kinda mad of this, i appreciate him apologizing to me, he said"sometimes u have to embarrase a good kid to make sure he will never do it again" and it kinda makes sense