PDA

View Full Version : Kalk Paste

nate4546
01/19/2006, 08:15 AM
how do you guys apply the kalk paste to aipistia?inject them or feed it to them?

zooqi
01/19/2006, 09:22 AM
Two ways to do it right,,
1: Make very thick paste and shape a small ball and then make sure you wash your hands and pick up the paste and best if dry your hand too. Put it on the aiptasia and leave it there (bingo).Don't put alot of them in the tank in one day.

2: make paste and not that thick and then get syring and fill it with the paste or 3/4 full or as much as you need. Wash it and wash your hand and then go to the aiptasia and put some paste on it.

Some people feed the aiptasia before hand so they don't hide but if you are putting the past on it then it should be fine. It is recommended that you kind more water around them or touch them with the tip of the syring so the tintacles are retraced and put the past on it. If the tintacles are not retracted and base dies then you might find few here and there later on.
Did I hear a good project for REEFNEST DIY here with pictures of step by step :D

fishesRdelicious
01/19/2006, 02:57 PM
yeah all we need to find is someone with aiptasia, shouldnt be that hard huh

zooqi
01/20/2006, 02:35 AM
It should not be that hard and I hate to setup just a tank for aiptasia and specially there are people with aiptasia in their tanks.

Reef_Dweller_69
01/20/2006, 03:09 AM
That does sound like a good DIY. I have a good one for you Mo DIY I mean. I was thinking of it 2 day's ago and would you know it saw a thread on it today. Making a PH into tunze style head. What ya think?

zooqi
01/20/2006, 09:24 AM
If anybody can give us any DIY for the site we will be more than happy to add it to our site. PH and tunze reactors done by few in this hobby and hope we see some like that to add to DIY like that or more to add.

MOX
01/22/2006, 10:26 PM
hopefully well have our own DIY video on how to kill aiptasia well see how it gose

zooqi
01/22/2006, 10:52 PM
I would do it but I don't have any aiptasia in my systems that I can do that :d not even in costumer's tanks and not even in people who know costumers. We fight them from the start :D If anybody has rocks with them on I don't mind trading them a rock or two.