1 Sally Lightfoot Crab
Your Choice of
2 Atlantic Sea Cucumbers
or
3 Peppermint Shrimp
$105.95
Ideal for 40-90 Gallon Tanks
Medium Box Used

has any of you used them to get reef packages, I AM REALLY wanting to buy from them but am afraid of our town not letting them ship to them , they say that the packages will come to your door , is this true, cause i dont want a call saying i have to go to memphis airport 4 hours away to get my reef package ,

have any of you had problems cause of this , i think i am the only one in town thatwill be ordering this stuff , the population of my town 35,000 , and i am so afraid to order because of my stuff not arriving to me i live in paragould arkansas

INNOVATOR
03/30/2002, 08:22 PM
You can call and ask them, or email them just to make sure. They do deliver to your door and I have used them enough times to recommend them over any other online retailor. They do a tremendous job. Do email the or call them and ask I'm sure they do though), then you will know for sure ;)

mrbast74
03/30/2002, 08:23 PM
A blue legged hermit killed my wifes queen conch. I don't know how many snails and other blue legs I have lost to those cannibalistic little bastards. I will never get them again.

marinerules
03/30/2002, 08:30 PM
yeah , it says that i can substitute i may not get that exact reef package i dont' know for sure im just really worried about getting it

Pomacanthus1
03/30/2002, 09:22 PM
Skip the hermits and sally lightfoot. Both can be aggressive IME, and nassarius are much better. Serpent stars are known for catching small fish too. The "built for you" reef package is a much better deal, you can get exactly what you want and if the order is $50 or over shipping is free. A variety of snails, instead of one species is better, and astrea are known to be short-lived and sensitive. Trochus, cerith, and conchs are the best IMO.

I have ordered the "built for you" package. They do deliver to your door, but someone has to be there to sign for it.

dougchambers
03/31/2002, 01:00 AM
We got a Reef Package #2 on Thursday. Everything is in great shape and doing well at breaking down our algae build-up.

Good service and good products... I don't think you can go too wrong.

Doug

Pepito
03/31/2002, 01:06 AM
That is a BIG package if you ask me. I don't remember, but i think you have a 55g right?? Correct me if I'm wrong. I would think that they would all starve in a tank that small. The Built For You package is AWESOME, so I would go for that instead.

wasabi
03/31/2002, 02:17 AM
i ordered pretty much the same package from them last year. it is a perfect size for a 55. everything is stil alive in my tank. i have no known losses. the serpent and britle stars ar about the best clean up crew i have. ive heard the rumors of them eatimg fish but i believe it is a rare occurence. i have 8 different serpents and brittles, in three different tanks, with many small fish. i have yet to see a starfish bother a fish. they are a great company with great shipping policies.

dougchambers
03/31/2002, 11:32 AM
We loaded the package into a 75RR w/about 80+ lb live rock and a DSB. Looks good so far...

marinerules
03/31/2002, 07:27 PM
cool , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

sounds cool i will try it I think, Do any of you ahve a sally lightfoot crab though , will it hurt my cbs or eel or brittle stars,

newbie1
03/31/2002, 07:37 PM
I would go for the built for you package with no crabs.
I have my stuff from etropicals delivered to my work so someone
can sign for it.
JHMO.

Harbour
03/31/2002, 07:39 PM
I ordered the "Built for You" package and was very satisfied and will order from them again.

I will however reconsider the astrea's. It seems like I spend more time flipping them right side up when they fall over - they have no way of righting themselves and they soon die otherwise.

Harbour

RooFish
03/31/2002, 07:50 PM
I got the built for you. Its better cause you can customize it and get things you want instead of what they think is usefull. I got mine from there and its all doing great. If I were you I'd get a bunch of different kinds of snails and either no or only a few hermit crabs, and not get the sally or the cucumbers. I'd get nassarius snails, cerith snails, astrea or turbo snails, a fighting conch or two, 2 or 3 mythrax crabs, some peppermint shrimp, an abalone, and if you really want some stars, go for it. You can vary it however you want on the list on the site, as long as its over $50. Go ahead and call him to make sure they'll deliver to your place before you order it though.

Pomacanthus1
03/31/2002, 09:28 PM
The "built for you" package is much better IMO. You get exactly what you need and what's best for you, while saving a few bucks compared to ordering one of those packages.

wasabi
03/31/2002, 10:27 PM
. i have an equal number of scarlets 5o and snails 50 in my 55 gallon it has worked out great for me. i really like the scarlets theyre always working. and they congregate in groups.ive heard the crab haters but, i wouldnt have a reef tank without em.

RooFish
03/31/2002, 10:32 PM
It seems from other peoples posts that the scarlets are usually okay, its the blue legs that are bad. I have blue legs, and they're fine, but theres only like 6 of them in my 12, so theres not a lot of damage they can do. I didn't want to say either way because some people get all up in arms about whether or not to have hermits, so I let it lie.