PDA

View Full Version : Quick questions for tank upgrade

John Steidl
01/18/2006, 09:18 PM
I've been running a pair of small tanks for a number of years, and am thinking about consolidating and upgrading. Current tanks are a 50g sumpless reef and a 30g FOWLR, so I have no experience with drilled tanks or plumbing. I think I'd also like to set up a refugium this time, but don't even know whether you can have a combo sump/fuge or really need to keep them separate.

I've started looking through RK back issues, but there are hundreds of references. A pointer to a good newb guide to sumps and fuges would be appreciated, and will keep me from flooding the forum with silly questions.

One specific question. The new tank will be in the 100-150g range. I've been looking at All-Glass and Oceanic tanks and wondering whether there is any real difference. (My two current tanks are AG.) I think they're owned by the same company these days, and they both offer drilled tanks with the Mega-Flow overflow. Seems like Oceanic has a few more size options. But any significant difference in quality from people's experience? Or any other suggestions for tanks in this size range?

alafish
01/18/2006, 09:29 PM
Best place I know is http://www.melevsreef.com

He is Melev here on the boards. AWESOME info! I created my closed loop using his design, shopping list and directions.

Good Luck!