PDA

View Full Version : nanoskimmers

fella1320
01/16/2006, 01:03 PM
i have been considering adding a skimmer to my 5.5 gallon nano and i just wanted to see how the nano skimmers work particularry the via aqui multi skimmer or the current usa nanoskimmer. thanks for any imput!!!

--matt

Andy Somnifac
01/16/2006, 01:07 PM
I was using the Current USA Nanoskimmer in an AC500, but I couldn't control the mivrobubbles so I gave up... It would most likely be fine in a sump or something where you could better control the bubbles, but in such a confined area, I had to dump it...

Mikeeal
01/16/2006, 03:22 PM
My very first skimmer was a Via Aqua multi, and it seriously was junk. No skimmate, and it started leaking near the pump. I took it back, and they gave me a new one, since they said alot of them do that. So I got the second one home, and two days later, it did the same thing, same spot. So I took it back again, and got a BakPak. No problems with that one.

germanyfishtank
01/16/2006, 03:48 PM
I just posted a new skimmer that I added to my 15G in the back compartment on this forum, it's german but I put the contact info on my posting might be a good alternative and it was only 20 euro for the skimmer and it's getting a nice dry foam and dark color water after only 4 hours running. http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/81009skim-med.JPG