PDA

View Full Version : Mail Order Shipping Charges

MtnDewMan
10/14/2000, 02:36 PM
Just curious here. Why do people like to shop via mail order. Is it worth it when you take into account the shipping charges that are tacked on to the order? I ordered the 9 for $99 from IPSF and it was great because the shipping was free. But what about places like ffexpress.com, premiumaquatics.com ... and so on. The shipping charges can be over $25 minimum.

What are your thoughts on this subject?

rhwimmers
10/14/2000, 02:39 PM
first off...how did that deal come thourhg the 9 for 99? nice corals etc how was the overall service..what all did you get how big etc...im interested in maybe doing that...whats the website?

shipping sucks....thats all there is to it! But you have to count for the fact that

A. Better customer service than most LFS stores, they KNOW what they are talking about

B. Better quality...nuff said there

C. Get what you want, and not what the LFS HAS...

D. CHEAPER PRICES, so if you go in with a friend or..5, shipping divided by all the stuff you get can usually be CHEAPER than the LFS..PLUS all the other aspects of it as well

LETS GET THAT CHAT ROOM UP AGAIN!

MtnDewMan
10/14/2000, 02:47 PM
No doubt about it, shipping sucks. I guess you have to buy enough somehow to justify the price of the shipping. Just a few snails I don't think will do it.

Regarding my IPSF order (http://www.ipsf.com) I ordered:

Nerite Snails
Strombus Snails
Baby Hawaiian Turbo Snails
Micro Hermit Crabs
3 Legged Mermit Crabs
Wonder Mud
Mama Mia Worms
N-Reducer
And bought some shells from them too

Oh, I added the Mini-Stars to the order as well.

This order was not the order for the corals which they have a 12 pack fr $150 or something like that.

I was very pleased with their packing and shipping methods. The order was great, I would do it again in an instant when the need arises.