PDA

View Full Version : question on bio and coral plankton

bozu
01/13/2006, 08:34 PM
Ive been using this stuff for the last month or so and today i noticed a fishy smell coming from my tank after dosing with it but have never notice this smell before, almost like a fish oil smell or something. Is it going bad already? i bought it from a lfs and always kept it refigerated.

John Kelly
01/14/2006, 01:29 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6494824#post6494824 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bozu
Ive been using this stuff for the last month or so and today i noticed a fishy smell coming from my tank after dosing with it but have never notice this smell before, almost like a fish oil smell or something. Is it going bad already? i bought it from a lfs and always kept it refigerated.
It is some type of fish oil. That is why the product doesn't freeze in the freezer. I sent several emails to Liquid Life asking what kind of oil it was (cod liver oil, shark liver oil, plain ol' fish oil).....but they wouldn't email me back (lol). They use it in the bio plankton and marine plankton. I don't think they use it in the coral plankton.

bozu
01/14/2006, 01:15 PM
oh ok thanks