PDA

View Full Version : From green to red?

Hutton
01/11/2006, 10:55 PM
i saw my smithii for the first time after hsi molt. there is a little problem though, no he did not lose his smashers, he changed from a beaytiful emerald green to a redish yellow color!

Dr. Roy, is there any way i can get him to change back to the green color? how many watts per gallon would i need?

cateyes
01/12/2006, 06:19 AM
my mantis did the opposite..
when i got him he was a tomato red. after his first molt he was kinda orange/reddish green then after a second molt he is lime green.... the green is much more intense, i like it better... :)

i assumed it was a change in food that caused the change, but i really don't know...

rwhhunt
01/12/2006, 09:23 AM
just hang some of you old red christmas lights in the tank with some holly, that would probably influence him to change back....

gmcbroom
01/14/2006, 02:52 PM
I just read somewhere that most stromatopods change color depending on habitat color and depth. So I recommend finding out what area it came from and try to emulate that area in your tank. Maybe that will get it to change back....Maybe.

rwhhunt
01/15/2006, 02:51 AM
i was able to get my female peacock to change from a light orange, to (after 3 molts), mostly green color

gsrracer
01/15/2006, 04:18 AM
interesting