PDA

View Full Version : Any one have False percs in a sebae?

burton61775
01/11/2006, 03:51 PM
Was curious if anyone had their false percs hosting the type of anemone. I think its one of the best looking ones outta the bunch. And from what i read thatits not a anemone that a false precs likes to host although u know clowns will host different one even though the experts say they will not or lees likely will. Right now 2 false percs are hosting my frogspawn coral so which took them about 2 omnths to do that so i figure it might be time to get them their own anemone

Also any info on the Sebae like the growth rate and hot big it will get would be helpful as well. I have a 75 gal tank and do not want my anemone to take over the tank and destory the corals

thanks

Amphiprion
01/11/2006, 05:31 PM
Well, H. crispa (which I am assuming is the "sebae" anemone you are referring to) is not a natural host of the ocellaris or false perc clownfish. But, they do seem to accept it regularly, so I would not give it too much worry. Count on a healthy, well-fed specimen filling up your tank, even a 75. Growth rate, at least while feeding, is accelerated, often reaching gargantuan sizes in a matter of months. Mine fills half of the tank, sometimes stinging nearby corals. Despite its size, it is one of my favorite anemones (and still is even smaller than many of its relatives). You can see my anemone/clownfish pair in my gallery.

burton61775
01/11/2006, 06:20 PM
Actually this one was the one i was talkign about i think its different then the one your have and are talking about.

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11_03/product_info.php?products_id=328&parent_category=4&category_search=63&root_parent_id=4

I saw one of this exact guys in the LFS couple days agao and almost bought but but doing research behind it before i make a foolish decision.