PDA

View Full Version : bigger tank

nataz
01/11/2006, 12:22 PM
hello everyone,

my question i need help with is it cost wise better to build my own tank or just buy a bigger tank. bigger meaning 265gals and up,with the help from a carpenter im sure its possible but not sure if its the safest nor best way to go?

Andrew
01/11/2006, 04:03 PM
I would just buy a tank thats pre-built. Making your own tank can be pretty hard unless you know how think of glass or arcylic your using so you know how much pressure will be used and then you would need to add dividers or ect. Ive never really heard of anyone on RC make a huge tank before. Most people just buy then to save the time and stress. :) Look at the RC sponcers for tank builders. They will build you a tank you want and have it shipped for a rather cheap price and save you alot of work.

Petstorejunkie
01/11/2006, 08:37 PM
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BUILD YOUR OWN TANK that is unless you are willing to pay for the flood damages. it is always cheaper for a large manufacturer to build it for your because they order materials in bulk and have all the "kinks" worked out already.. you could potentially build your own stand with the help of a carpenter just keep in mind that 1 gallon of salt water weighs 8.5 lbs , not counting glass rock etc.

nataz
01/11/2006, 10:01 PM
i havent decide yet, kinda seems better just to buy one. i myself like to look at my fish from the side and not down like a pond,im not going to get into why i want a BIG tank just wasnt sure if cost wise was it worth it and how safe it would be. thanks u for the imput.