PDA

View Full Version : Pump comparison: Mag 9 vs Quiet One 4000

aquamanstl
01/09/2006, 03:45 PM
I'm trying to decide between these 2 pumps for a return pump in my sump. I'm going to be pushing water approximately 4 feet back into my tank. I've read that Mags run hot and could raise the temperature of my water. Haven't heard much on the Quiet One 4000 pumps as far as realiablity.

Any comments or opinions are appreciated.

Nick

bengeeee
01/09/2006, 03:46 PM
subscribing... know little about these and need to buy a return myself within the next few days.

Ben

poppin_fresh
01/09/2006, 04:22 PM
My QO 4000 has been a great pump. It might add a little heat to the water, but it seems to be negligable. I cant comment on the Mag, but the QO is quiet. I hear a slight hum, but it is also hard plumbed. Flex might help reduce it even further.

ernordstrom
01/09/2006, 04:58 PM
I just got my Quietone 3000 and boy was I disappointed. I hooked it up and it was louder than my RIO 1700 AND 2100 . The old style RIO that is not the + RIO. I am returning it to DRFOSTER (got a deal on it) and I may get the RIO 14HF instead from another online store. Well just my 2 cents....Who knows it might have been a monday on the production line... :D

AZDesertRat
01/09/2006, 05:29 PM
I've been running a Quiet One 4000 externally on a closed loop with a SCWD for a little over 2 years with no problems. Its so quiet you have to put your hand on it to see if its running. I have a Mag on my calcium reactor and have had to replace the impeller already in less than a year due to a broken magnet. You may want to look at Ocean Runner pumps also, they are my first choice next to Eheims but for a lot less money.

dannieboiz
01/09/2006, 05:57 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6461190#post6461190 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AZDesertRat
I've been running a Quiet One 4000 externally on a closed loop with a SCWD for a little over 2 years with no problems. Its so quiet you have to put your hand on it to see if its running. I have a Mag on my calcium reactor and have had to replace the impeller already in less than a year due to a broken magnet. You may want to look at Ocean Runner pumps also, they are my first choice next to Eheims but for a lot less money.

I 2nd the Quiet One pump...

oh BTW: I actually have one for sale... I'm going external with for CL.... PM me if interested