PDA

View Full Version : building a new cube

vest0830
01/08/2006, 07:02 PM
I am about to begin putting together a new cube to replace my 38g tank. My 38g is slowly beginning to leak, and it just doesn't appeal to me anymore. Not to mention, I was about to upgrade to a MH light system but an "e-friend" had mentioned I have a plactic center brace and it will most likely melt as his did. PLUS, my LFS has a really nice cube set up that just amazes me everytime I see it. -as well as the "e-friend". I wish I could talk to the LFS to ask them questions about it. :p (check my location)

So onto the subject, It's going to be a new cube for me. I am on a budget of ~$200 for parts, and if I could squeeze in a light in that $$ that would be great to! (used parts ok) I want to drill the tank, do it all the "professional look". I am going to do a ~15g rubbermaid sump and small fuge within the sump. Just curious how you would set up the overflow, and the returns, also, would you do any closed loops? I have one seio 630 PH that will be transfered to this tank. I will be putting in roughly a 4" deep live sand bed as will as plenty of LR. Live stock will probably be kept to my 5 percs that I already have, my softies and I would like a LPS or 2. I also have an BTA that will be transfering.

critique please. :)
Ive got a real good idea of how to do it, just wondering what you would do to give me different approaches.

vest0830
01/08/2006, 11:13 PM
no input?

cmondo
01/09/2006, 12:13 AM
5 percs in a nano huh??? how big is that nano? i would suggest drilling the tank and putting a bulkheads in for the drain and return to and from the sump. There are also good power compacts here, kinda cheap too, and u could prob put a couple on top.

http://nanotuners.nanocustoms.com/nanotuners/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=162&osCsid=dfae26193c6e17cf0f68cbea04d7f759

I have a 6 gallon eclispe that i basically did everything you are about to do, so hopefully i can help u out. Good luck.

vest0830
01/09/2006, 04:09 AM
this tank is around 40g. im not 100% sure of the demensions though so I cant say for sure. and accually....it will be 2 very small percs, one med. and one a little larger. my other smaller clown is going into my other cube which is cycling right now. he probably wont get transfered for a few more weeks though.

here was my thinking. 1 drain, 1 return and 2 for a SCWED system.