PDA

View Full Version : JBJ 12's and the "Fission" protien skimmer

slowhand383
01/08/2006, 12:07 PM
So does any body have the Current USA fission skimmer in their JBJ 12 gallons? I've been wanting one for quite sometime and have been waiting for some feedback on how they fit in a JBJ 12. Also how they perform as well. I had algae problems which cleared up promptly after adding an urchin but if a skimmer had been installed I believe I would of never had any problems to begin with. Perhaps I could keep 2 fish instead of just one yellow watchman if I had a skimmer. So, can anybody let me know if they fit in the back chamber of the JBJ 12?

bigbenji
01/08/2006, 01:28 PM
Someone posted a pic over at nano reef. It will fit in either of the first two back chambers, but there have been problems with bubbles leaking back into the tank. Check the selling forums. You might be able to pick one up cheap.

reefbuff
01/30/2006, 01:45 AM
There is a video of it going into the nanocube at http://www.smallreefsolutions.com
look in fission video

reefwick
01/30/2006, 03:43 AM
I've got one. I've got it in chamber #1. It does a decent job IMO. As far as being able to add another fish because of it, It's not that good. I mean the reaction area is about 4'' max. It is very small but is nothing like a normal size skimmer. Your skimmate is green tea colored not the tar the good skimmer pull out. I like it but be aware of what your buying first. Alot of peole don't like it.