PDA

View Full Version : Sally light foot VS coral banded shrimp!!

cjvolitan
01/06/2006, 09:48 PM
Hey guys has anyone ever kept these two critters together.
I have a sally light foot in my 30 gal and i got a coral banded shrimp as a late christmas gift.
The invert book i have it says these two are aggressive and will kill my hermit crabs( not seen any sign of that yet guess there still young.)
My crab(3inch across) has moved from his old hideing place and come to the cave the shrimp(2 inch long) has taken as his own since it arrived about 4 days ago.
Should i worry about the crab eatting my shrimp ? and do these shrimp clean in captivity i mean fish?
thanks guys

fishybusiness
01/06/2006, 10:02 PM
Yeah they'll clean the fish, they'll pick at them like corn on the cob. I personally think the shrimp is more of a threat to fish. I don't know about to each other. I would get rid of them both if you want fish. Sorry for the bad news.

cjvolitan
01/06/2006, 10:09 PM
well the fish seem to be okay with them
have them with south sea devils who seem too fast and smart for the crab or the shrimp but thanks for you reply though.

ethanriley
01/06/2006, 10:46 PM
Have had my sally and my coral banded for a year with my tangs and clowns no problems. My Sally is very small however and is easily intmidated by the hermits! They do a better job of genocide than the Sally does in murder.

cjvolitan
01/07/2006, 10:00 PM
huum well my sally killed my yellow tail blue dam. shrimp and him self have gone back to there old housing arangments. guess i was worried for nothing.
]thanks again