PDA

View Full Version : Lifereef Skimmer & Ozone

Budman912
01/06/2006, 09:31 PM
I'm want to hook up ozone to my Lifereef skimmer. Jeff from Lifereef gave me a T fitting to hook my ozone too, but when I start up my skimmer I get water coming out of the T until the venturi starts suck in air. How do I keep that water from going into my ozone generator? Will a check valve work, if so has anyone seen an ozone safe one for airline size tubing? Hopefully there is someone else out there with a Lifereef that is using ozone!

Budman912
01/07/2006, 12:30 PM
Is there anyone out there that is using a Lifereef Skimmer and ozone that can help me with this question?

IBASSFSH
01/07/2006, 02:06 PM
I use ozone on my skimmer. A check valve is always good to put between you ozonizer and skimmer. Here is a rough picture of mine. I keep the hose up like thtis to keep water/moisture from working its way up the hose. Are you using an air pump to push the ozone to the skimmer? Or just letting the venturi on the skimmer pull it?

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/Ibassfsh/Life%20Reef%20Equipment/LifeReefequipment015.jpg

alebrun
01/07/2006, 02:54 PM
I just orderd a life reef skimmer and sump. How do you like yours? Deos it work ok?

Budman912
01/07/2006, 04:15 PM
Ibassfish - I'm going to use an airpump to push the ozone into the skimmer so that may keep the water from going anywhere near the ozone generator. It's only going to be an issue when I have to restart the skimmer. I'm gonna look for an ozone safe check valve also to put on it. Thanks for getting back to me.

Alebrun - I actually just finished my plumbing, filled the tank and have everything running. The sump is great, very easy to plumb and get everything hooked up. I have the skimmer running but since my tank is empty so far with no bioload, it's not producing any foam yet. I'm ordering my uncured liverock on Wednesday of this coming week to be delivered on Friday so I can hardly wait for that. Overall, I haven't heard any bad comments about Lifereef equipment, other than the price, but I believe it's worth it!