PDA

View Full Version : Experienced advice needed

reefwick
01/04/2006, 05:16 PM
I've had my 12 galoon nano-cube dx up for just over a year and have had my false perc in there alone for approx. 7-8 months. He had a bleeny friend for a little while but he died (newbie mistake). He is kind of aggressive, nips at my hand when I clean, spars with my coral banded shrimp on a rare occasion. I'm thinking of adding 1 other fish, a firefish goby/ hi fin goby.

What I would like to know is your opinion on wheather or not you think this is a good idea.

My concerns are the clown having the tank to itself for such a long time and the bioload with the CBS, Clown and the new addition.

Thanks in advance for any input

Agu
01/04/2006, 05:41 PM
She now owns the tank and will likely harass any other fish to death.

phenom5
01/04/2006, 05:52 PM
agreed. clowns are territorial, and a small tank can just magnify that aggression.

reefwick
01/04/2006, 06:20 PM
Really? I was kind of afraid of that. Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait till I cycle the 75. Thanks for the input.

surfnvb7
01/04/2006, 06:30 PM
i'm surprised you havent had any problems with the CBS in that small tank. i know they are very hardy and good for beginners, but mine is a freakin monster, i can't have any small gobies (or any small fish) in my tank.

Harville
01/05/2006, 02:11 AM
Hey, I just thought I'd comment on your idea of having high fin banded goby in nano...great idea! Awesome fish for small tanks. Look for one to pair with a small pistol shrimp...you'll be glad you did, trust me!

Good luck with your clown

Hunter_Cal
01/05/2006, 03:16 AM
if you plan on getting any other fish, try re organizing the rock to disturb their territory lines, that should help alot

steelhealr
01/06/2006, 03:15 PM
My yashia haze spends almost all of it's time in the rockwork. I think it's do-able. I agree with Agu that a firefish might be harassed...they can be really shy. The rockwork re-arranging may work, but, who the h*&^ wants to do that??? SH

reefwick
01/06/2006, 03:21 PM
Yeah no kidding, not me.