PDA

View Full Version : Where to get captive raised maroon clowns?

micagreenmachine
03/26/2002, 12:45 PM
Anyone know of a place, mail order or in Chicago area, where I can obtain a pair of small captive raised maroon clowns? They're one of my fav. fish, but I don't want to take any out of the ocean. I'm planning to get a captive raised BTA for 'em too.

Thanks!
~Todd

Ooo[:]p

Greenwater
03/26/2002, 01:45 PM
As a fellow maroon clown keeper I doubt that you will want to wait, but I have about 40 20-day old maroons that are just getting weaned onto non-living food. They would not be available for another couple of months, but they are definately tank raised.
It should not be too difficult to find a pair or make your own. Search in this forum for how to pair up maroons and you should be all right.

micagreenmachine
03/26/2002, 02:04 PM
If I can't find any before yours are raised, maybe we can work something out..... :)

Thanks!
~t

KillerReef
03/26/2002, 05:01 PM
www.inlandaquatics.com. They are the best...

KillerReef
03/26/2002, 05:02 PM
Sorry, I just looked, they don't sell them as pairs, but Morgans juveniles will be small enought to become pairs...

micagreenmachine
03/27/2002, 12:40 PM
Cool!

Inland Aquatics is about a 4 hour drive from me. Sounds like a road trip in my near future! I'd rather drive down and pic some up than have 'em shipped overnight in a box....

I've been looking for a place that sells captive reared fish too. I've really wanted a hepatus tang too but always felt too guilty about getting a wild caught one.

Thanks!
~t

KillerReef
03/27/2002, 01:23 PM
Must be nice... I wish I lived close to a place like that. It would be so cool to see everything. BTW, they do also have the tang you wanted...

micagreenmachine
03/27/2002, 01:41 PM
Er, um, that's what I meant to say... That they have that tang that I wanted AND that it's captive raised... :D My writing skills suck in the morning. :o

I can't wait to see this place!!!

Thanks again for the info KillerReef,
~t

KillerReef
03/27/2002, 03:52 PM
See if Morgan will let you take pics to post on here... I would love to see what the place looks like also...

micagreenmachine
03/27/2002, 04:43 PM
Pics? I'll check with Morgan. I'll bet he wouldn't have a problem with it. It's free advertising, right? :)

It may be a month or two before I get a chance to get out there.... That'll give me time to save up some cash too. I doubt I'd be able to go to a place like that and ONLY buy 2 clownfish. :D

~t