PDA

View Full Version : Calcium additives? One shot deal?

anathema
03/26/2002, 03:12 AM
Has anyone tried Kent Liquid Reactor?

I currently use B-ionic on my 55 and it works great, but for my nano, and my GF's tank I would like a one shot additive. What is out there?

I have been shopping around, but it's pretty hard to tell what's good from the label. :D They all sound great!

Lunchbucket
03/26/2002, 10:30 AM
i would stick w/ b-ionic! why not only 2 shots isn't that hard :D i wouldn't trust a 2 shot deal

Lunchbucket

anathema
03/27/2002, 04:13 AM
2.5 ml each for a nano.

Plus my gf's tank need calcium too, it's hard enough to get her to do top off.

tyesmithND
04/02/2002, 11:08 AM
Hey anathema,

Obviously the solution is to dump the girlfriend and keep the tank for youself. :)

Roundboy
04/02/2002, 12:07 PM
I have been using kent reactor along with some kalk (once a week or so) and my alk levels and Ca levels are great. The reactor stuff sure packs alot of Ca for the volume. I have been using it for 4 months now. I have all kinds of coraline growth. I don't have any hard corals so i don't know how it would work with them.

When you add the kent reactor it actually clouds the water for about an hour, and then it clears up. They mention this on the bottle too, so it is expected. If i remember right it has some other trace elements too. My bottle is at home, I can post more details tonight after work.

anathema
04/02/2002, 03:51 PM
Heh, not likely...

Her family has a beach house in a town called Recife.

In Brazil.

Recife translates to mean: Reef

There are a lot of other things I would miss too. ;)

Thanks for the info Roundboy, I'll have to pick up a test bottle.