PDA

View Full Version : help with in-wall canopy

drew22to375
01/02/2006, 02:28 PM
Ok I need some help from you DIY and Lighting experts.

I am going to be building a 180 in wall. It will be sitting on the corner of my family room and hall way. So basically you will view the front and right side from the family room. Now my problem is in designing the canopy. I am going to be lighting the tank with 3' 39W T-5 or a combination of 39w t-5 and 160w URI VHO atinics. Now I want the tank front flush with the wall when viewing from the family room. Now if I do that I wouldn't be able to open the canopy since the right side would be in the wall and the bulbs would be 72". So I would have to leave a hole in the wall in the fish room side so I could open the canopy or I would have to move the tank back a little in order to open the canopy. If I did the latter there would be 5" gap between the front of the wall and where the tank actually starts. I don't like the idea of having a ledge there. Another option would be to go with the 5' 80w t-5. I could either stager them or put them all in the center and have the ends of the tank for lower light corals ect. I could fit 7-8 bulbs in it this way. This tank will mainly be SPS with anename and maybe a clam. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions.

Thankx Drew..

drew22to375
01/03/2006, 12:50 AM
bump