PDA

View Full Version : pico reefs

ezryder1975
12/31/2005, 05:41 AM
Was wondering if anybody could help, I found a picture on here several months back of a beautiful pico tank that had won a contest over at nr.com. The picture had a porcellin crab crawling out of a brain coral. Was wondering if anyone could direct me back to these pictures. Also wondering if anybody could tell me what constitutes a pico tank from a nano tank.

thanks, Squidmore

Sugar Magnolia
12/31/2005, 09:32 AM
Was it this one? http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=553708&highlight=ninjafish

Carl_in_Florida
12/31/2005, 10:09 AM
It's official suge, you spend to much time on the boards.

Carl

bigbenji
12/31/2005, 04:34 PM
I think a nano is < 20g, and a pico is < 2.5g. Go check tigahboy's new 2.5 pico tank. He's nuts. He had one custom built and uses a wavemaker/surge system to make high and low tides with waves. BTW, he's got a mantis shrimp in there, and he made a video of it eating.

Carl_in_Florida
12/31/2005, 04:37 PM
BTW ezryder1975
[welcome]

post 2005, Dec 31 2005

ezryder1975
12/31/2005, 09:57 PM
Thanks, Carl, Sugar, & BigBenji,

Really cool that you make newcomers like myself feel welcome.
BigBenji answered my question on the pico/nano issue. But I still didn't find the thread to the pico tank I was looking for, it almost looked fake, it was so awsome. I think the guy may even have transferred a bunch of frags from a huge show tank just for this competition. It was a either a 1 gal. or 2.5 gal pico tank and one of the close up shots was a porcellin crab coming out of a brain coral. The contest was on nano reef.com but couldn't find it the pic again there after 4 hours of looking. Thanks for making me feel welcome. This site is going to be great asset to me I think. I have a 29 gallon reef with soft corals, LPS corals, one new acro, a super crocea clam, bullyeye pistol shrimp, skunk cleaner shrimp, blood red, exquisite wrasse, flameback angel, bar goby, scissor tail goby, bicolor blenny, yellow watchman goby, and hope to add a blue spot jawfish soon.

ezryder1975
12/31/2005, 10:05 PM
Was running out of room, also have a newer 12 gal DX nano cube with starpolyps, xenia, small colt coral, small worm brain coral, small long tenacle plate coral, an unknown SPS frag, green button polyps, some plain brown zoos, a randals pistol shrimp, harlequin shrimp, black ray shrimp goby, and a Tangora Shrimp Goby. My third and most neglected tank is a 20 gallon long, with all soft corals, leathers,polyps, bubble tip anemone, mated pair of gold striped clowns, randalls shrimp goby, tiger pistol shrimp, and a twin spot hog fish. Hope to have some pictures up tomorrow. Thanks again and bare with me.

skipm
01/01/2006, 06:38 AM
I think the pic you are talking about is at www.nanotank.com, try this link and see if thats it at the top of the page: http://www.nanotank.com/forum/index.php . HTH, Skip