PDA

View Full Version : Planning faze...need help

BullDZR
12/30/2005, 07:57 PM
Well,

I have finally gotten approval from my work to do a nano. So I am currently in the planning faze.

Here is what I am planning. I am going to do something simular to tigahboys 15S(thanks for the insparation) only I am thinking black sand. As for livestock i am currently thinking 3 levels. Lower will be Rare Ricordia Yuma color morphs. Second will be blastos/micros/acans and top will be sps (maybe, I have been looking through the the LPS forum and I like what I see as far as color).

I am going to do a full system with sump/fuge/skimmer. I am currently thinking a 150w DE possibly a 175w either way 20K and one actinic PC to simulate dusk and dawn, as well as a set of lunar led's.

Starting off, what I need help deciding is what kind of tank to get.

I am thinking of going with the SeaClear

Either http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_aquariums_tanks_hexagon.asp?CartId=
15G
or
http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_aquariums_tanks_rectangular_regular.asp
10 or 20

I am curious if anyone here has any of these tanks... If so, how are they at drilling as I want to plumb this system.

the size is really going to depend on where I put it in the office, but my biggest concern was if they can be drilled easily.

I will have more questions after I buy the tank and build the stand and get the sump but this will get me off to a good start. Thanks in advance for any help.

Wayne

smy168
12/31/2005, 12:30 AM
have you thought about possibly doing a Aquapod or NanoCube? I would think in a work environment it would be better if it was lower maintenance. They come in 12 and 24 gallon setups and for a little more you can get a stand. Just a thought...

BullDZR
12/31/2005, 08:04 AM
Thanks but no thanks.

I was originally going to go with one of those but then I read all the problems with the nanocubes and it looks like the threads about the aquapods are getting off to not such a good start.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized I wanted something special. And I am a real good DIYer so no worries here.

Not to mention I am going to be doing really expensive coral in this thing so I want it to run as perfect as I can get it. I will have an auto top off system inside the stand. Granted the stand is going to be quite crowded. I already have it in my mind how I am gogin to build the stand and cannopy for whichever system I go with. I saw one guys post where he made it to where the whole front poped off and I am going this route so I can get to everything easily. I will bring in water from home once a week for my water changes.

Once I start getting things together, I will do another thread on the progress, pictures included.

Thanks for the suggestion though It is appreciated. God Bless.

Wayne

Sugar Magnolia
12/31/2005, 09:31 AM
I'd go with the rectangular tank. Hex's tend to be difficult to rockscape because fo the smaller footprint.