PDA

View Full Version : best place to purchase black ocellaris?

kevin21
12/29/2005, 06:18 PM
hey,

what is the best place to purchase a pair of black o's??

i already have 2 occelaris in my 55 and figured that the tank wouldnt be the same without a pair of clowns.
i wanted clowns for the 75g and i dont want the exact same as upstairs...so where is the best place to purchase a black occellaris pair??

thanks guys

Genin
12/29/2005, 06:58 PM
I got mine from a Petco in Scranton, PA. They got another shipment in there this past week.

kevin21
12/29/2005, 11:23 PM
well its quite a hike for me to get there! im on LI, NY!

thanks for the response.

anywhere else or should i just order online.

ClownNut
12/29/2005, 11:26 PM
ur LFS. ask them order from ORA for u.

LUVBUG33
12/30/2005, 12:02 AM
good luck it took me some time......i will say the tank raised ones are very hardy. be prepared to spend a little bit more though.

nanoreefbro
12/30/2005, 12:57 AM
I bought mine at a PETCO as well from San Diego, Ca.. They said they get them in usually twice a year.. Maybe you can call your local PETCO and see when they will get some in..

ficklefins
12/30/2005, 05:29 AM
I saw some at a local petco around here. They aren't known for their care but perhaps you can ask the store if you can buy your pair while they are still in the shipping bag.

LouZ
12/30/2005, 09:53 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6382683#post6382683 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kevin21
well its quite a hike for me to get there! im on LI, NY!

thanks for the response.

anywhere else or should i just order online.

If you want to go to Albany NY...Eddies has them....I was there
last week

LZ.

kevin21
12/30/2005, 10:31 AM
thanks for the responses, my petco is an absolute dive!!
they have adult yellow tangs in 5g tanks and everything!
its terrible there, maybe i could ask my fav. LFS to order them for me. dont know if that will cost me alot more vs. just buying them at a store who already has them.

thanks

martlla26
12/30/2005, 03:37 PM
I'm from Long Island too :D I heard the Petco out in Riverhead is supposedly really nice w/ lots of selection. Just depends on who runs the store, the one by me is awful. Two other good places are Aquahut in Coram or Suffolk County Fish and Reef in Ronkonkoma. (SC Fish & Reef gets almost all their stuff as wild caught, but they may be able to order some for u) I got my Goldstripe Maroon from them and he's great. If you also want a BTA only place around here that has them right now is
Pets Warehouse in Copiague. If all else fails, order online...

Ritten
12/30/2005, 10:38 PM
I got mine from www.liveaquaria.com. Had them for almost three years now.

kevin21
12/30/2005, 10:50 PM
kellierick,

what did you order exactly(juvi etc.)?
how did they look when they came in on the order?

thats if you remember! three years is a long time!

yea im getting an RBTA for free from my uncle.
ive been to those stores at least once every weekend!