PDA

View Full Version : ASM mini skimmer

aquaman67
12/29/2005, 11:11 AM
I found this on the ASM website, it was added on the 18th of Dec.

http://www.asmskimmer.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=72

If anyone needs a small in sump skimmer, this would be the one.

phenom5
12/29/2005, 12:25 PM
i saw that about a weel ago. looks pretty sweet, can't wait to hear from people that use it, but i would imagine that will be the nano skimmer...unless Aqua C produces the nanoremora that has been rumored to be in the works for the last couple of years...

calvin415
12/29/2005, 12:33 PM
Looks very cool, but 6"x11" is hardly a nano foot print...

phenom5
12/29/2005, 12:40 PM
Looks very cool, but 6"x11" is hardly a nano foot print...

i think that's a big challenge for companies in producing nano skimmers. everybody wants a small skimmer, but wants the kind of performance you get from a big skimmer...

i've got another thread going b/c i just got the new Current Fission skimmer. it's small and inexpensive...which are both a plus for a nano skimmer, but the problem is i don't think it's big enough to be effective...but if they made it bigger then it would not fit in cubes, which was their reason behind the small design (i believe). it kind of a catch-22.

viggen
12/29/2005, 02:08 PM
I saw the mini run at their shop & I wasn't impressed. The pump was WAY underpowered & it just didn't fill up the skimmer body with many bubbles. They should of either put a bigger pump on the skimmer or added a 2nd RC pump however then it would of been bigger & more expensive.

If I had a nano & was skimmer searching the old sanders skimmers which were air driven did a great job. They were VERY cheap & only needed a 3-4 in diameter opening & are poweredby a small air pump :) Not sure if coralife or other companies sell newer versions & the only bad thing is you have to replace air stones every month or so