PDA

View Full Version : Female Members

reefaquaria
03/24/2002, 11:56 AM
Any reason why there are no female members to your club? Are they not welcome, or are the significant others not interested?

Gary Majchrzak
03/24/2002, 12:20 PM
Joining depends on how good you COOK! :lol: Seriously though,all are welcome.Some of these single guys NEED a woman's input!!! :D

saltwaterfishlover
03/24/2002, 01:06 PM
Gary if you saw my pot belly before my diet you would understand how good she cooks.....

Semi newbie
03/24/2002, 01:29 PM
Hi! Although I have not been to any meetings, I have posted a couple of times and I am a woman! It is funny that this post is here because I was speaking to another reef lover, who has no tank yet but is very interested, and he was surprised to find out that I had a tank. He made the comment that he has only meet two women who have tanks thus far. I have had tanks for years but a reef for only about a year. Just have to say, I love this board. All the members of the Upstate Reef Society who have responded to me have been very helpful and nice. I hope to attend a meeting soon and buy some cool frags from you guys!!!! We women reefers are out there just not in the same numbers as the men! I would love for other women to attend the meetings with me....Lynn

P.S I am a pretty good cook so I think I will qualify to join your meetings and my kids go to Dr. Benny, does that count for anything???????!!!!!!!

reefaquaria
03/25/2002, 08:41 AM
Gary, you say all are welcome, especially if you can cook - I can definitely cook - I had a catering business for 6 years then a restaurant for 4 years.
But part of my question remains unanswered - are the significant others not interested in the hobby?

Gary Majchrzak
03/25/2002, 08:49 AM
The answer to your question probably runs the gamut...but it's difficult to live 'around' a spouses reef aquarium and not be interested in SOMETHING that is in it....or at least notice the waters 'gurgling' sounds! ;)