PDA

View Full Version : What for Christmas?

ReefRacer
12/26/2005, 10:15 PM
I'm sure some of yall got something for the tank for Christmas. I got a fairly inexpensive but nice refractometer > $50. I checked my swing arm hydrometer and it was right on. If anyone wants their salinity or hydrometer checked I can bring it to a meeting. I also got a pinpoint PH monitor. I can see my ph dropping right now. It went from 8.43 to 8.37 in an hour or two. My lights just went off. I have a reverse cycle refugium but it doesn't seem to be able to stabilize the ph swings completely. I also got bulbs for a PC fixture. All the frags I got at the Christmas party seem to be doing great. Thanks to everyone in the club who has helped me out! Mike

EvilMel
12/26/2005, 10:46 PM
I too got a refractometer! I'm high tech now.

I actually got two and now get to decide which one to keep. One is a Milwaukee and one is from Marine Depot but it doesn't say what brand it is. I think it's their brand maybe. Brent tried to send it back but they wanted him to pay shipping and there was a restocking fee. So we are probably gonna send the Milwaukee one back unless someone needs one (which I doubt).