PDA

View Full Version : I hate clownfish addiction because of this

zooqi
12/17/2005, 10:03 AM
I have 6 clownfish that just bought from LFS and they all came with Brooklynellosis (clown fish disease). I lost three of them in two days and not have my blue stripes, vanuatu clarkii, and black clarkii suffering from them. Heavy breathing, not eating, white coat on the outside. Have dipped them in Formalin more than 5 times and it still comes back in a few days. I also tried Formalin and freshwater dip. I did water change slowly on the system. I have other fish that I had for a long time in the same system and no problem except those new bought. I'm about to put them i a system where small amount of formalin running all the the time. It will be nice if LFS have system just for clownfish and medicate it all the time with no other fish in it. My fish are been dipped for about 45 minutes in formalin and I think I will wait untill an hour and then little freshwate dip and back to the system. Right after the dip they start eating good.

zooqi
12/18/2005, 10:10 AM
Two clarkii are gone and now my other clarkii suffering and they are the once that just came from LFS. Good thing I have devided my fish all over and don't take as much lose as I did last year.

fishesRdelicious
12/18/2005, 12:15 PM
how are the clarkii and tomato pair from me doing?

zooqi
12/18/2005, 12:23 PM
They are doing fine and eating well too.

fishesRdelicious
12/18/2005, 12:51 PM
good, is the clarkii getting any food or is the tomato starving him

zooqi
12/18/2005, 05:33 PM
it is getting food and I don't see tomato doing much to it too.