PDA

View Full Version : Dylan on XM radio .........

Agu
12/13/2005, 10:07 PM
WASHINGTON, Dec. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- XM Satellite Radio (Nasdaq: XMSR - News), the nation's leading satellite radio service with more than 5 million subscribers, today announced that Bob Dylan will host a new music show exclusively for XM, marking the first time the music legend has hosted a radio show. The weekly hour-long music show will feature an eclectic mix of music hand-selected by Dylan. In addition, Dylan will offer regular commentary on music and other topics, host and interview special guests including other artists and will take emails from XM subscribers. The show will debut in March 2006 on XM's deep album rock channel Deep Tracks (XM channel 40).

If you have to ask who's Dylan you won't care ;)

Kreeger1
12/13/2005, 10:13 PM
his voice is so ruff now it will be hard to listen to him ramble on.
Now Stern on sirrus, thats the ticket :)

JohnHenry
12/13/2005, 11:43 PM
WOW!!! That's great. I'm a huge Dylan fan, and would love to hear him talk about music.

But I don't have XM. Is that available internationally, or online?

Thanks,
Jh

Kreeger1
12/14/2005, 08:14 AM
Yeah, Dylan is great, I wish he was coming to sirrus over xm but hey you can't win them all
Erik

dc
12/14/2005, 09:13 AM
Well that would be a lot better than Howard, too bad I have Sirrius! :D

Agu
12/14/2005, 09:33 AM
Jh, If you sign up for XM you can also access it over the internet. I'm not sure if internet has the full menu of channels though, check their website.

JohnHenry
12/15/2005, 01:59 AM
Thanks Agu.

I checked their site and the internet subscription has 'more than 75' of their channels, including #40, the one that'll have Dylan. (It costs $8 month, so I'll probably wait until March and use the 3 day free trial;)......Very exciting though!

((Footnotes:
Ever hear an early ('60-'61?) recording of Dylan in the studio with an interviewer named Cynthia Gooding? It's Dylan solo, playing mostly pre 1st album blues and folk. His guitar is hyper-energetic and intricate, and the blues covers (Rocks and Gravel, for one) could make a strong man cry.

But my point is that the Q+A w/ a young Dylan is priceless. He tells of 'running away and joining the circus' when he was a teen. he was always a classic wiseguy when answering reporter's questions...so it'll be great to hear him on his own show, with the roles reversed.))

Sorry to ramble,
Thanks for the tip.
Jh

Shoestring Reefer
12/15/2005, 12:02 PM
I can't see either one of those guys winning me over.

Sloth
12/15/2005, 12:32 PM
Does this mean XM is going to jack up the rates again?