PDA

View Full Version : My New Blue Stripe Clownfish Amphiprion chrysopterus

zooqi
12/11/2005, 12:37 AM
I got them today. I went to the LFS last weekend and they did not look good so decided to wait and even if they did not look that good but got them. Last week I got two other clownfish from the same LFS and they had a little sign of Brookynella Hostillis on an angel fish in the same tank and few other clownfish in the same system. I got a pair of clarkii and the first night the white spot or skin was seen. The next day male was dead. I'm still fighting Brook on the female. Two blue stripe have been dipped in Formulin and fresh water and they seem to be doing fine and eating too.
http://www.reefnest.com/general/clownfish/9.jpg

I need to put a better light on the tank to take better picture.

zooqi
12/11/2005, 12:38 AM
A little of stress is showing from the dip but they are eating good and breathing fine.
http://www.reefnest.com/general/clownfish/10.jpg

zooqi
12/11/2005, 12:38 AM
http://www.reefnest.com/general/clownfish/11.jpg

fishesRdelicious
12/11/2005, 12:41 AM
they look good, hopefully these make it

zooqi
12/11/2005, 12:55 AM
I know and will see in a few days what happens. I'm thinking about moving them to the school where I have good luck with clownfish there.

EMBRYOGUY
12/11/2005, 08:56 AM
even with the poor light you still blue strips on the one. hows the decorator crab? :) hehe

hey if you get a chance, can you post some pics of your onyx.. tks

good luck with the clarkis.

Dan
12/11/2005, 02:12 PM
Hey Zooqi - they are looking good. Good luck with them.

Dan

ezhoops
12/11/2005, 07:21 PM
If mine pull through I would be looking and hoping that they would mate. lets get thru QT first

zooqi
12/11/2005, 10:35 PM
Embry: thanks and th e thing with the onyx is that they are hiding in the back corner of the darkest tank I have and I don't know why. I might put some light on the tank and see if I can take some picture.

Dan: it was nice meeting you yesterday. I had a long day back home. My car broke down few miles from Todd and had to wait hours untill a friend came down and got me a new battery and my van made it untill Bloomsburg. I don't think my battery was charging and my transmission was on the second all the way to Bloomsburg( van is still there). Right after I left the store around 1 I got home at 8pm :D ...
ezhoops.. I know the QT is really hard and actually these pair is doing great and eating good too..

EMBRYOGUY
12/15/2005, 11:24 AM
zooqi,

i took your advise and looked at LAs shipping on onyx. its ground shipping not overnight :(

zooqi
12/15/2005, 12:35 PM
So you are getting a pair then ? Even if it is ground I'm sure they pack them right. I'm sure they don't want to lose a fish and specially with the guarantee they have.

EMBRYOGUY
12/15/2005, 06:43 PM
you have a good point zooqi. but with this weather i would feel bad for the fish. taking a chance.

zooqi, are you going to SF this weekend?

also are you still selling live rock?